Server blacklisted from downloading images?

Post here any issues with the API or feature requests
steve.klebanoff@gmail.com

Server blacklisted from downloading images?

Post by steve.klebanoff@gmail.com »

Hi there,

I have a music playlist site (http://www.kind.fm) which has been using fanart for many months now. The site is non-commercial and gives credit to Fanart in the footer.

The site has a nightly cron job which searches for fanart for new playlists added (<1 day), downloads the fanart image, and resizes it appropriately for the playlist display.

As of May 19, I am getting "Unauthorized" errors when trying to download fanart images from my server. It seems as though I can download them fine locally, and only get this issue from my kind.fm server.

Has my server been blacklisted? If so, why? Is it is against the terms of service to download the images for resizing ? I'm happy to comply with whatever regulations Fanart has in place.
Kode
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Server blacklisted from downloading images?

Post by Kode »

Hi sorry this has taken so long to respond to, you can contact us on the IRC channel at any time for quicker replies (Community / Chat With Us on the main site, or #fanart.tv on freenode).

As far as I know you haven't been banned, and as it would be me doing the banning I'm pretty sure you haven't been.

Is this still happening?

What version of the API are you using?

If you pop on to the IRC channel when you can I'm sure we can get to the bottom of it and resolve your issues.
steve.klebanoff@gmail.com

Re: Server blacklisted from downloading images?

Post by steve.klebanoff@gmail.com »

Hey Kode,

Thanks for the reply!

I was able to do some debugging, and realized that this actually an issue with ImageMagick's policies being updated on my server, not with being banned from fanart.tv. Everything is back to working as normal now.

Thanks again,
Steve