API not returning all results

Post here any issues with the API or feature requests
Mordred

API not returning all results

Post by Mordred »

I went to download some cdart that I had seen approved, but it didn't come up through the API. Saw the same behavior on two artists.

Here's the API results for Sarah Bareilles:
http://api.fanart.tv/webservice/artist/ ... L/all/1/1/

I checked the JSON results and they're the same.

Note there's no cdart listed. However, on her page you can clearly see there is some cdart.
leepenny

Re: API not returning all results

Post by leepenny »

Does it not have to do with the main server not being updated immediately with new artwork (I know that sometimes people that have requested discs from me have messaged to say they cant do an automatic download of the artwork in xbmc) - I tell them to be patient and wait until server has been updated (used to be up to 3 days a while back) - don't know how long it is now.
As the cdart in question is quite new I would say that this is the case in this instance.
Maybe one of the admin can back me up on this (or not)
Mordred

Post by Mordred »

I thought that might have something to do with it after I posted. Only thing is, I've never run into this issue before. Typically when I've been away from the site for a few days, I'll go through the recently added cdarts, spot the albums I've got in my collection and then download the art on my main computer. It's always been there. Also, I'm pretty sure in the past I've approved some art, then immediately switched computers and downloaded it using the API.

I'm guessing something changed and the API isn't being updated instantly anymore, but I'd like confirmation.
Kode
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Kode »

try it now, we have a problem with the main api server keeps going out of sync and I have to manually restart the sql thread
Mordred

Post by Mordred »

Yeah, everything seems to be working now.
Mordred

Post by Mordred »

Looks like this is an issue again. Images I approved 4-5 days ago, still aren't showing up through the API.
Mordred

Post by Mordred »

Seeing this again.
chasake

Post by chasake »

I now have the same issue. The webpage is showing me some artist thumbs that I uploaded and approved a couple of days ago, but the API is not returning them :(.

Example:
http://webservice.fanart.tv/v3/music/ed ... dd966a04f1 does not show the artist thumb and only 1 fanart

https://fanart.tv/artist/ed3c0892-24bf- ... enors-the/ does show 2 artist thumbs and 3 fanart images
Kode
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Kode »

Nope, that is as expected, ignore the css output at the top, not sure what is causing that. https://fanart.tv/newsletter/exciting-new-changes/
chasake

Post by chasake »

Thanks! I wasn't aware of that and haven't used the scraper in a while. Usually when there are missing images for my music collection I try to find them elsewhere and put them on fanart.tv. Before, it took about a day or so to see my own submissions in the system but now it took a lot longer, but that is because I didn't use the API key.