BEST/ ALTERNATE Artwork Downloader for Kodi

Post here any issues with the API or feature requests
rmrector

Re: BEST/ ALTERNATE Artwork Downloader for Kodi

Post by rmrector »

vicmanpergar wrote: I like ur add on but, mate, u need to add a secondary fall out language for artwork. Lot of ppl from other countries use for example, english disc if there's no disc in their language, and at the moment, I can't even see them in Artwork Beef to be able to chose something.
And I have an extra advice: would be nice to add something to the menus, to be sure u're using ur addon, cause in some installations it gets messy (I am not sure which context menu is Artwork Downloader and which one is Artwork Beef). Something like "AB:select artwork..." would be nice.
I'm looking forward ur addon buddy.
Artwork Beef should handle fallback languages in just that way. English is picked as a fallback language for the automatic process and sorting if the system language isn't English, and it shows images from all languages sorted below system language and English images from all web services except TheTVDB (which only has basic artwork anyway). Can you check that you have the latest version (0.10.2 at the moment), and post your system language and a handful of movies and the artwork type that don't fall back to (or display) English as you expect them to? I'd like to reproduce it on my end.

For the context items I might be able to add an optional "AB:" to the labels, based on an add-on setting. Another possibility is to move "Select artwork..." and "Add missing artwork" to a new menu "Artwork Beef..." next to "Manage..."; this would also give me room for other menu items - I've been thinking a "Remove artwork" for individual media items would be handy, and maybe even a "Refresh artwork" to remove and then automatically grab fresh artwork.

Thanks.
Artwork Beef for Kodi.
vicmanpergar
VIP
VIP

Post by vicmanpergar »

I'm having some trouble with my Kodi installation these last hours, so, I will get back to u later or tomorrow, my HTPC is acting weird. I wanna check what u said cause perhaps it was something on my end, and it DOES fall back to english.
I like ur ideas about the menus, and other thing I like is the way the plugin shows the art indicating where's coming from.
I am just thinking in another thing would be super nice. Option to download the posters in n/a (meaning with no text no language). I use textless posters cause it looks lot better ( I don't wanna see the LOGO twice!)
Cheers!
vicmanpergar
VIP
VIP

Post by vicmanpergar »

vicmanpergar wrote:I'm having some trouble with my Kodi installation these last hours, so, I will get back to u later or tomorrow, my HTPC is acting weird. I wanna check what u said cause perhaps it was something on my end, and it DOES fall back to english.
I like ur ideas about the menus, and other thing I like is the way the plugin shows the art indicating where's coming from.
I am just thinking in another thing would be super nice. Option to download the posters in n/a (meaning with no text no language). I use textless posters cause it looks lot better ( I don't wanna see the LOGO twice!)
Cheers!
Nah, u're right, it falls back to english.
I just had a situation when I configured the plug-in to download everything BUT posters, and it still downloaded posters, not sure if something wrong I did. I'm afraid to run it in bulk mode, I don't wanna change all my posters back to Textless posters one by one, lol....
But using it one movie at a time (this is when u add a new movie, that's my intention anyway) is working great. I just have to do the poster manually from within the plug in and scroll down to the textless ones (if it exists).
So I guesss by now, it is working.
I'm going to subscribe to ur main thread in Kodi forums, bet u prefer ppl doing feedback there.
Thanks mate.
rmrector

Post by rmrector »

Posters are often added by the scraper when they are first added, and Artwork Beef won't replace any existing artwork with images from web services (only if you have local artwork files or artwork in an NFO next to your media), so the poster you are seeing is probably from the initial scrape. I've disabled poster and fanart from my scrapers wherever possible, so that Artwork Beef can pick one itself, and once the textless poster option is added (to be released soon!) you'll want to do the same for posters at least, otherwise Artwork Beef won't replace the scraped poster with a textless one.

Yeah, for now the Kodi forum is better for feedback. Thanks!
Artwork Beef for Kodi.
vicmanpergar
VIP
VIP

Post by vicmanpergar »

That's huge for me man, thanks