Request: Season Poster Section

ArieS
Admin
Admin

Request: Season Poster Section

Post by ArieS »

Ok, my dad told me to make a post in this section to get it done :)
I know that it is hard to find good sources for some older shows, especially if they have a lot of seasons but let's try to have some nice images. The ideal would be to use the same source as the offical Bluray/DVD but I know it won't always be possible...
So here are the rules we have come up with so far:

- Posters must be 1000x1426.
- Only high quality images will be accepted. No Exceptions.
- Posters must have the logo of the show with either: Season (number in letters or numbers xx/x) or The Complete Season (number in letters or numbers xx/x) or Specials. Nothing else.
- Consistency: if you are doing multiple seasons of one show, try to use the same font/layout for each of them.
- Same image cannot be used more than once by the same user for multiple seasons.
- Character images are fine if not many sources are available as long as they belong to the TV Show.

If you have any suggestions for more or different rules now is your chance to talk. :)
akovia
Admin
Admin

Re: Request: Season Poster Section

Post by akovia »

*feeds ArieS a ninja snack* :roll:

Looks good and it's a section that is sorely needed since the season posters on tvdb are so small. We need to drum up some people who would be willing to commit some images to this section to get it opened, so please speak up if you want it and can contribute to this section. Also, if you have some ideas about the rules, now's the time.
Tobby
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Tobby »

I approve.

I would like to add that the exact same poster with just a different season text by the same user shouldn't be allowed.
schimi2k
Veteran
Veteran

Post by schimi2k »

i like the idea :) i have some ideas maybe

maybe we should use 1 template for all TV Shows ? or every user can use a single one for each show ? of course we need some great rulez ;)

but i hope we will get nice season posters soon :)
Joe-Boy198

Post by Joe-Boy198 »

I've just seen the season posters on the TVDb and their size is not only small but also not consistent with the size of the show's poster...
I think this section should absolutely be added but I have only tiny issue with the requirements : it should look like the blank DVD cover (I insist because I've seen far too many covers with the rating stickers on them and gosh they're ugly)
Also I'm a opposed to using a template for all TV shows because I've seen this particular template much too often : Image
Because every show has a unique feel, like American Horror story vs. Pushing Daisies, I think this "freedom" should not only be given to the designers, but I also think "templates" should be discouraged as far as reasonable.
ArieS
Admin
Admin

Post by ArieS »

Hey Joe, welcome to the forums :)
I agree that a given template is a bad idea. Let's give freedom of creation a spin.
And of course I agree with Tobby that one single image shouldn't be used for multiple seasons. We'll have to rely on common sense from the users and on the mods to maybe click the link of a given TV Show to see what's being uploaded and what's already in the database.
leepenny

Post by leepenny »

I agree the images on the tvdb are pitiful and if this section becomes as popular as the movie poster section then I can't wait to see the images submitted.
BTW - rule still stands for character posters ? - or will allow different (major) characters for each season ? - Just so we know where we stand :)
zag
Veteran
Veteran

Post by zag »

Anyone got some examples then?
ArieS
Admin
Admin

Post by ArieS »

leepenny wrote:I agree the images on the tvdb are pitiful and if this section becomes as popular as the movie poster section then I can't wait to see the images submitted.
BTW - rule still stands for character posters ? - or will allow different (major) characters for each season ? - Just so we know where we stand :)
Characters posters should be allowed for season posters. BUT I would hope that people would not use any close up found online of a given actor, slap the logo and season blah blah on it and call it a day.
We will see how it goes I guess I'm sure it will be trial by fire :)
ArieS
Admin
Admin

Post by ArieS »

zag wrote:Anyone got some examples then?
Sorry but of what?