Request: Season Poster Section

schimi2k
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Request: Season Poster Section

Post by schimi2k »

well, i did all my season posters in this style:
The round thing have the color of the age rating ( in germany we have the Freiwillige Selbst Kontrolle=FSK ) with the colors
white=0
yellow=6
green=12
blue=16
red=18
and the number inside is the season number - all of my posters have this kind of round things :)
and i try to use cover images or at least "art" posters of the season - not only character images ( too boring :( )

unfortunately we have here in germany the GREAT LAW that on all multimedia product must be a BIG FAT "AGE RATING " Button on the front page like this (lower left corner):
its too much work to clean them ( and i am too lazy for it hehe )
so i love the idea of the season posters but there will be more problems (IN THE BEGINNING !) as the normal poster section ;)

but we are FANART.TV ! and we can do it ;)
MSingh

Post by MSingh »

Hello

This is my 2cents on the topic as a fanart requester/voter hehe.. :)

- If a mod creates a non English poster for a season tvshow, should also create one english friendly. I believe this should be for all fanart (posters, clearlogos, cleararts, banners, discarts, landscapes). Also because English is the universal language and on several occasions some banners, cleararts and landscapes for my movies were non English...

- The mod should have the responsibility if uploading a season poster must upload the whole set of season posters.

Example: I found this season poster on thetvdb.

Season 3 doesn't have one like this. If TWD has 4 Seasons plus specials make 5 posters uniformly.

I know this might make it difficult for a mod to create but fanart.tv specially for tvshow seasons will be much better. Countless of my tvshows seasons have different kind of styles due to uploaders just making several different season poster on thetvdb.

- I have seen textless posters for movies which personally I am not a fan of but understand why it's their... If a mod creates a season set the kind of style - text should be in uniform order.

Examples: Season 1, Season 2, Season 3 and so on.. Or like - The Complete Season One or 1

No matter what thank you fanart mods for creating beautiful fanarts, so much to choose and high quality I might say. It takes a special ability/skill which I personally don't have.

MSingh
ArieS
Admin
Admin

Post by ArieS »

Msingh, I see your point but we cannot force someone to make images in a different language :)
I do agree though, that it would be preferable if whoever uploads a season poster could also upload the rest of the season in the style he has chosen for consistency sake, as I've noted in the rules (in progress). But again, we cannot force someone to upload images.
Worry not, I have made images for all the seasons of The Walking Dead. We just need the section opened so I can upload them :)

Btw, when you speak of mods, you mean uploaders, right?
tHappy.fanart

Post by tHappy.fanart »

First of all, whoever came up with the idea to start the new season poster section. You're awesome and thank you.
I have seen a lot of season posters with actor's name, tagline. So I think that those should be avoided.
And as for consistency, there should be a rule that every season poster must look alike (but I guess this is also not possible in every case).
I also noticed that someone comes up with a template and slap a show poster and season no. to it and make season poster for every show possible. Everyone hates that. However a unique (custom) template for every show should be allowed (I guess).
Check out pete's tvdb page http://thetvdb.com/index.php?tab=recent ... ser=265821, he has made some really amazing season posters. I guess they should be approved.
So how about unique custom templates for every shows?
akovia
Admin
Admin

Post by akovia »

I'll leave the rules up to ArieS to hash out since I won't be making any for quite a while. (Not till my anime collection is done anyway)
What we need now is some commitment numbers for supporters of this section so we can get it opened. As stated in the rules for a new section, we need to collect some commitments from people saying they'll contribute so many to the section if it's opened. Of course this is just an exercise to gauge interest as we can't hold anybody to those numbers, but it still gives us a feeling as to what to expect from the community.

So if you really do support Season Posters, please speak up and let us know if you will be contributing if it's opened and about how many you think you will do. Again there is no time limit on your estimate, just let us know what you expect to contribute.

When we hit 500, we can go ahead and open the doors. :D
ArieS
Admin
Admin

Post by ArieS »

tHappy.fanart wrote:First of all, whoever came up with the idea to start the new season poster section. You're awesome and thank you.
I have seen a lot of season posters with actor's name, tagline. So I think that those should be avoided.
And as for consistency, there should be a rule that every season poster must look alike (but I guess this is also not possible in every case).
I also noticed that someone comes up with a template and slap a show poster and season no. to it and make season poster for every show possible. Everyone hates that. However a unique (custom) template for every show should be allowed (I guess).
Check out pete's tvdb page http://thetvdb.com/index.php?tab=recent ... ser=265821, he has made some really amazing season posters. I guess they should be approved.
So how about unique custom templates for every shows?
Pete sure does have some great looking posters but I wonder if he has them big enough to be here... A lot of images for TV shows don't have big sources to start with. So with the smaller format over at tvdb I'm sure it's easier to make a lot more posters.
Can you elaborate more on your unique custom template?
ArieS
Admin
Admin

Post by ArieS »

akovia wrote:
When we hit 500, we can go ahead and open the doors. :D
I have already about 1/5 of that and I'm sure schimi has a bunch too. And that's without counting Tobby, Paszt and all the people I don't know about :D. So I'm not worried about the 500 mark :)

Something that I forgot to mention, we also need posters for Specials? I don't use/watch them but I guess some people do.
Joe-Boy198

Post by Joe-Boy198 »

Well the specials often use the show's poster as a fallback but many shows on the TVDb have a poster for the Specials' season. They're often also consistent with regular season posters (like on pete's TVDb page). I think they should be "allowed" here but I'm not sure if they should be part of the "requirement" to upload all posters. I guess it would make sense but I think we need more opinions on this...
Sultan Of Smut

Post by Sultan Of Smut »

Awesome new feature! I started doing some for SpongeBob and if there is a section for these posters I'll finish up all my TV series :)

http://fanart.tv/fanart/tv/75886/tvpost ... 0888c9.jpg
http://fanart.tv/fanart/tv/75886/tvpost ... 5401ba.jpg
http://fanart.tv/fanart/tv/75886/tvpost ... 21039d.jpg
MSingh

Post by MSingh »

ArieS wrote:Btw, when you speak of mods, you mean uploaders, right?
Yup !
ArieS wrote:that it would be preferable if whoever uploads a season poster could also upload the rest of the season in the style HE has chosen for consistency sake
I'm sure their are also female uploaders too ;)
ArieS wrote:I do agree though, that it would be preferable if whoever uploads a season poster could also upload the rest of the season in the style he has chosen for consistency sake, as I've noted in the rules (in progress). But again, we cannot force someone to upload images.
I guess TWD is not a good example because their will be 100s of season poster's to choose from where to as tinker tailor solider spy BBC one will be in low demand, as I have that in my collection.

Also I'm for tvshow posters having the network logo but not sure about season posters. I'm in between to be honest if its a HBO,BBC show then I like the logo but for CBS nope ! do we really want 10 posters including the specials to have the cbs logo of HIMYM?

Mind you its non-english :) only one I found on himym S01 thetvdb site.

Sultan Of Smut wrote:Awesome new feature! I started doing some for SpongeBob and if there is a section for these posters I'll finish up all my TV series :)

http://fanart.tv/fanart/tv/75886/tvpost ... 0888c9.jpg
http://fanart.tv/fanart/tv/75886/tvpost ... 5401ba.jpg
http://fanart.tv/fanart/tv/75886/tvpost ... 21039d.jpg
Nice posters Sultan of Smut ! :) Have SBSP too cant wait too see the whole set !