Toggle Button?

Hazmat
VIP
VIP

Toggle Button?

Post by Hazmat »

I typically upload a poster with a logo and another without(I know there a people who prefer one over the other) and this limits me to 2 different kinds of posters overall due to the rule of having only 4 posters total between any combination of logoless or with a logo which leads to something like this: Image

If it is not too much trouble, I'm proposing that a toggle button be incorporated so that there are no repeated posters just because there is one with a logo and another without. This would also hopefully mean that if the poster is the same(with a logo and without uploaded), it would count as 1 poster toward the 4 poster limit rather than 2. For example:

Whenever someone would click the toggle logo button the logoless version would appear and vice versa. I believe the information for the logoless and logo version of a poster should be kept apart. I have absolutely no idea as far as how current entries would be handled or the uploading process to do such a thing, but I just wanted to throw an idea out there.
akovia
Admin
Admin

Re: Toggle Button?

Post by akovia »

Hey Hazmat,
I really like the idea of the toggle but I don't see the poster limit being increased. It was a bit before your time here, but the poster limit issue has been debated feverishly more than once and the 4 poster limit will stay as it is. When there are skins to support rotating posters like backgrounds are now, we can maybe revisit the issue.
viewtopic.php?f=15&t=13

As far as the toggle though, it would really free up some space and that is a great thing. I can't imagine it would be implemented anytime soon, but the next time some site changes are being made, please feel free to remind us. It has my support for sure.
zorensen
Admin
Admin

Post by zorensen »

Great idea!
I really like the thought about that. However, I also agree with the points akovia brings forward here :-)
"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." Albert Einstein

- Getting started
- Navigating Fanart.tv
- Why Your Image May be Denied
- Moderation Time
- Music Fanart Rules
Tobby
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Tobby »

I think the button should be next to Request and Upload. No need to have the users press more than once. I assume you either want all posters with logos or none of them.