Foder Icons

Tobby
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Foder Icons

Post by Tobby »

Kode wrote:
Tobby wrote: I think you'll have a hard time selling that here. The majority, if not all, art creators here use a media center such as Kodi (formerly XBMC) or Plex.
Not sure that matters really, he's the one creating them so that's not an issue, there certainly seems to be some support for the type as the facebook post on it has had more interest than any other post in a while.

There's no denying the biggest users of the site are mediacentres, but that doesn't mean we can't or shouldn't cater to other communities as well as long as there is some genuine interest.
Of course. I just meant that he may have to put in alot of work to reach the 500 limit. I don't have anything against the suggestion.
ArieS
Admin
Admin

Post by ArieS »

My opinion, if it can't be used in Kodi/Plex/JRiver/etc then it's a no.
Again, my opinion.
sonerbyzt

Post by sonerbyzt »

My opinion, think it would be good diversity and innovation.
(HD Clearlogo, Clearlogo, HD Clearart, Clearart, CDart, etc. and "Folder icon" get)

If you are too negative, I will not insist further. What is your final decision as admins?
akovia
Admin
Admin

Post by akovia »

Rome wasn't built in a day.
Most new sections are hashed over for quite some time before ever being opened. As this explicitly breaks rule #2 or the requirements for a new section as listed here, it could take some time to hash it out.

The reason we asked you to post here is so we could gauge when the community has to say. Without anyone else saying they would support this by making these as well, that would leave the entire section up to you. It's hard to justify spending the time and commitment to open up a new section for a single person. If no one else says they'll step up and help create content other than yourself, then it just doesn't make sense.

I am not saying no here, but you may need to drum up some support or just hope others with want this enough to start asking us to open it and commit to making some images.
My best advice is to just be patient and the community will either demand it, or it just may not be the right fit at this time.

Cheers
sonerbyzt

Post by sonerbyzt »

Hello again.

No, no. Here we do not build Rome.
So far, what did you do about the issue? Nothing!
Who do you expect to make the request? No one!
Hey, I'm not doing anything wrong. You have ignored this topic.

It was a simple proposal. And, forget my offer. I will continue to work alone. Kode was only just interested on the subject. I just would like to thank Kode.

Sorry to bother you.
Bye..
ArieS
Admin
Admin

Post by ArieS »

Hmmm, we did just what we've told you we would do... Wait for people to show interest and as you can see in the short amount of time you've waited, it hasn't happened. Not sure what else to tell you, here.