"Suggest Replacement" instead of "Report"

ZincRider
Veteran
Veteran

"Suggest Replacement" instead of "Report"

Post by ZincRider »

We just had a discussion on IRC about the report button.

I believe it's rather annoying as it is - for both, uploaders and moderators. One reports an image and the moderator needs to decide if the current image is good enough or if there is real potential for improvement. That doesn't always work. Many of my reports don't go through, even when the images could be a lot better.
Once the image is flagged for replacement, a new image can be uploaded and a mod once again needs to approve the image.

In my opinion the process would be faster, easier and more target-oriented if users could upload replacement images right away. Mods could make an informed decision by comparing images. Also this saves a step in the process, so mods will have more time for more important things.
As it may lead to more images getting replaced, it could contribute to raising the overall quality of images on fanart.
akovia
Admin
Admin

Re: "Suggest Replacement" instead of "Report"

Post by akovia »

I'm not sure how this would be coded, but I support the idea of being able to quickly compare the original image and the suggested replacement without having to click all over the place. If the image is better, it could be immediately accepted, thereby removing the old image.

Might take some thought to work this out properly.