Full size before upvote

Tobby
Veteran
Veteran

Full size before upvote

Post by Tobby »

A thing that has been bothering me is that a logo looks great in the thumb and has lots of thumbs up, but when you click and watch it full size it looks terrible. I think when you click the thumb you should be shown the full size logo before being able to actually upvote it.
Esky
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Full size before upvote

Post by Esky »

Or you could just click the logo which will be displayed full size - then you can decide whether or not to give it a thumbs up vote.

(that's what I do)

:)

Esky
akovia
Admin
Admin

Post by akovia »

Imagus FTW!
ArieS
Admin
Admin

Post by ArieS »

Tobby wrote:A thing that has been bothering me is that a logo looks great in the thumb and has lots of thumbs up, but when you click and watch it full size it looks terrible.
Terrible eh? We should make you a mod then, oh wait...
Obi-Wan

Post by Obi-Wan »

thats why i just give myself a thumbs up :P

... ;) hihi
jacktyler
Admin
Admin

Post by jacktyler »

I agree with @Esky, this is a non-issue. I won't ask you to give an example, but you can report an image if you spot an issue with it, in fact, I would encourage you to do so. It's anonymous (only the mods see reports) and we might not agree with your report, but we will always look at it. If we agree with you, we contact the contributor (you remain anonymous) or mark it for replacement. Don't be afraid to report an image if there is an obvious fault, but on the other hand, don't go overboard, leave the moderation to the mods ;)
Tobby
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Tobby »

Esky wrote:Or you could just click the logo which will be displayed full size - then you can decide whether or not to give it a thumbs up vote.

(that's what I do)

:)

Esky
Yes ofcourse. What I mean is that people are upvoting images that only look good when downscaled. If they were forced to see the full size image before voting that wouldn't happen.

ArieS wrote:
Tobby wrote:A thing that has been bothering me is that a logo looks great in the thumb and has lots of thumbs up, but when you click and watch it full size it looks terrible.
Terrible eh? We should make you a mod then, oh wait...
Well, obviously I report it if it looks terrible, but it probably would have been noticed alot earlier if all voters saw it full size.
akovia
Admin
Admin

Post by akovia »

It's already hard enough to get people to vote. If it ends up in the activity stream, then it should meet the quality standards of the site.
To be completely fair, we would have to require the person see all the other images (at full size) for the same show/movie etc.. before voting. It's just not practical.
I think most people are smart enough to click to see full size images or use Imagus like like myself. Maybe they did and you just don't agree with their vote?