Unite the messaging services

Tobby
Veteran
Veteran

Unite the messaging services

Post by Tobby »

I think it would be great if the old messaging system was scrapped and instead incorporated the forums messaging service into main site. Two seperate messaging services will most likely be a bit confusing in the long run.
Kode
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Unite the messaging services

Post by Kode »

That would basically be impossible without a tighter integration. Currently they are both stand alone systems, the login just authenticates against a script I wrote to say whether the username and password are valid, if they are and there is a local account it logs them in, if it is and there isn't a local account it creates one and logs them in.
Tobby
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Tobby »

Kode wrote:That would basically be impossible without a tighter integration. Currently they are both stand alone systems, the login just authenticates against a script I wrote to say whether the username and password are valid, if they are and there is a local account it logs them in, if it is and there isn't a local account it creates one and logs them in.
Too bad.
Arjumand

Post by Arjumand »

I am personally leaning towards keeping the front cover rules the same across both categories, but I wanted to explore if SD and HD covers could be handled in a single template. If Blu-Ray spine dimensions vary as you say, then it's just not possible. I'd rather not have two separate sizes for back covers as it will only spread out our offerings. Anyone downloading art for a movie should not have to miss out because they have an SD version but someone only made art for the Blu-Ray version. Media centers already identify SD and HD video files and overlay a standard def dvd case and Blu-Ray case respectively. It would be a waste to offer two formats for this.
ArieS
Admin
Admin

Post by ArieS »

Hmm, I'm pretty sure this was meant to be in another thread :)
akovia
Admin
Admin

Post by akovia »

I was gonna move it, but I never found out to where it should go.