Re: New image type

Post by trusselo »

I would love to see this in my library.

Tobby
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Tobby »

trusselo wrote:I would love to see this in my library.

http://i.stack.imgur.com/pVyq8.png
Would be cooler of it had a slight 3d-ish feel to it. Two of my old mock-ups:

akovia
Admin
Admin

Post by akovia »

Those are slick mock-ups Tobby. Very nice!
Tobby
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Tobby »

akovia wrote:Those are slick mock-ups Tobby. Very nice!
Thanks. It was two quick mock-ups I did over a year ago to push posters and spine art to make a 3d-looking cover like the one above. It didn't really have the effect I hoped for even though afew users liked the idea including jack. Personally I like the first image, but with the highlighted movie pulled out like in image #2.
ArieS
Admin
Admin

Post by ArieS »

My question is why do you have so many copies of Avatar and Star Wars. Isn't one enough? :)
Tobby
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Tobby »

ArieS wrote:My question is why do you have so many copies of Avatar and Star Wars. Isn't one enough? :)
A friend said he thought it was ridiculous to have three copies of I Am Legend. Well I sure showed him!!
leedavies

Post by leedavies »

Getting back on topic, what's the current thinking re FanArt.tv hosting full covers?

Aztec is now live and folks are creating their own artwork, so the movement has started. Can FanArt.tv be the foundation to build on?
akovia
Admin
Admin

Post by akovia »

leedavies wrote:Getting back on topic, what's the current thinking re FanArt.tv hosting full covers?

Aztec is now live and folks are creating their own artwork, so the movement has started. Can FanArt.tv be the foundation to build on?
Hi leedavies.
I really had some hopes for this, but not one person chimed in here saying they would contribute. I just really don't want to open a new section that no one will contribute to.
Right now your skin is the only one supporting this feature and it's pay to use. I have zero problems with that, but it does limit the amount of people that would be willing to create artwork for it. I tried to drum up some interest from other skin devs on the XBMC forums, but again there seemed to be no takers.

I realize that this is a chicken and the egg scenario, but the only way I see this moving forward at this point is if your skin prompts users to start creating a stash of work that could be used to "open the section".
We had a rule in the old forums that stated that any new section needed a commitment of 500 images to be opened. People would then chime in with "I'll commit to 50", and when we reached 500, a new section could be opened.
(unfortunately the old forums are lost)

I hope you understand our position here. We did try to get this rolling but it just never seemed to take off. I would suggest to keep at it to get more people involved and hope it can still move forward in the future.
I really do love your skin and hope along with you that it will generate some more interest.

Cheers