Direct link to videos on youtube

jimmy

Direct link to videos on youtube

Post by jimmy »

Hi,
Many times when I saw some interesting arts for music artists I don't know during surfing on fanart, I'm coping the name of the artist and jumping to youtube
I will be very happy to see similar solution to other sites like lastfm http://www.lastfm.pl/music/David+Sylvian were is direct link.
This will also probably increase the traffic on fanart.tv.

Is this difficult to implement?
Tobby
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Direct link to videos on youtube

Post by Tobby »

Probably not, but adding links would most likely have to be added manually and that would take a lot of time.
lilylara

Post by lilylara »

I think there might be a way I can do this from my custom fanart extension. I'll give it a whirl tonight and report back.
Lily lara
Kode
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Kode »

Interesting idea, could certainly look at something like that for the new site.
zorensen
Admin
Admin

Post by zorensen »

Great idea! :)
I think this would make the whole music section more interesting.

Maybe we can implement a bio page of the artist too in some way? This can be grabbed from Wikipedia or something - or maybe MusicBrainz that already have a lot of bios and information?

It's a great idea to expand the site and get more traffic to the site. All that information could might be implemented in the API too? ;)
(Just got a few more ideas while typing my reply :P)
"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." Albert Einstein

- Getting started
- Navigating Fanart.tv
- Why Your Image May be Denied
- Moderation Time
- Music Fanart Rules
M1GHTY M4VS
Veteran
Veteran

Post by M1GHTY M4VS »

The thing is what about the copyright infringement that might follow over time, can the staff get a hold of all the taken down videos resulting in dead links.
akovia
Admin
Admin

Post by akovia »

We certainly don't have the manpower here to oversee a DB that big and keep it clean. If we could link to someone else's DB like we do with TVDB, IMDB, & musicbrainz, it might be doable.
discocandy

Post by discocandy »

I've been also thinking about this. tv addons in kodi supports theme.mp4 in your files to show a small video of the movie or tv you have in view in kodi.
It would be awesome if this also could be done trough Fanart. tv. Because the main structure is already there.. the biggest problem would be the size of it all. most theme.mp4 movies are around 20 mb. not much but with a huge database it would become a huge problem I guess.
Using a youtube link is possible but also difficult because they could be deleted by copyright infrigmnent right?