Thumb Image Quality Overlay

Tolerant

Thumb Image Quality Overlay

Post by Tolerant »

Would some sort of identifier for TV Thumb pics be possible? Something to overlay or show near, images to show their resolution.. ie. are they the grandfathered low res or the newer high res 1000x562 images. If they are lower, people would be more inspired to replace them if they see they are not up to the new current standard. Although, I feel original image contributors should not have their image count reduced if an image is replaced with a higher quality image, not sure how to work that out unless they are given credit even after an image is replaced.
shevman

Re: Thumb Image Quality Overlay

Post by shevman »

Tolerant wrote:Would some sort of identifier for TV Thumb pics be possible? Something to overlay or show near, images to show their resolution.. ie. are they the grandfathered low res or the newer high res 1000x562 images.
Hi Tolerant,
Think this question for Kode, need whether it or worth at all to do it!
But I think that it was a huge mistake, that a new 1000×562px format, opened in the same category with the old (this is my opinion).

in the meantime, you can to be guided by this:
We all know that the new format for TV 1000×562px entered into force only recently, so if the image older than three months, then it is 500×281px :)

well yet we can only wait for the new site and I think that there it will be fixed (not sure about this but I hope) ;)
If they are lower, people would be more inspired to replace them if they see they are not up to the new current standard. Although, I feel original image contributors should not have their image count reduced if an image is replaced with a higher quality image, not sure how to work that out unless they are given credit even after an image is replaced.
grandfathered image It can not be replaced, unless you are the uploader of this image. You can upload it only as new and only! You can create a new 1000×562px, but only if the original uploader is inactive, after all, the active member can do it himself :)
If do replace grandfathered image 500×281px, then have to figure out how to save the point grandfathered, but something tells me that this impossible situation!

If Kode reads it, I hope he will tell you my opinion, if have something to add :)