Image requests

4lb3rtO

Image requests

Post by 4lb3rtO »

Would it be possible to add a new option to the image request system? At the moment users only can upload their raw images or they deposit a link and another user can turn it into a logo/cdart... It would be great if you could say "Hey! I am looking for this or that image" and another could either upload the finished or the raw image.

For example:I have got a digital album from a music service. Now I am looking for a cdart or a raw image from the cd but i can not find anything on the web. Now it would be great if i could make a request for this image. If someone would upload a raw image then i could turn it into a cdart and could upload it here... Not everyone has fun/time or can do cdarts (only as an example) with an image editor but maybe he can share a scanned cd...
akovia
Admin
Admin

Re: Image requests

Post by akovia »

Personally I think a forum thread would be more appropriate to ask for help finding an image. I've already pondered adding a thread for people to share source links, but just haven't gotten around to it yet.

Keeping this in the forums will allow for some communication that the main site really isn't set up for. Also, If people explain how or where they found the image, the person might be able to find it him/herself the next time.
I'd rather help people help themselves, than having request volunteers hunting down images. There are only a couple people who do this and they are plenty busy.

With that said, I''l let the people that fulfill requests around here give their thoughts as they will be the ones dealing with it.
4lb3rtO

Post by 4lb3rtO »

Personally I think a forum thread would be more appropriate to ask for help finding an image. I've already pondered adding a thread for people to share source links, but just haven't gotten around to it yet.

Keeping this in the forums will allow for some communication that the main site really isn't set up for.
I thought the main site would be a better place for it because i thougt there are more active users as in the forum. And you would have it directly in view.

Also, If people explain how or where they found the image, the person might be able to find it him/herself the next time.
I'd rather help people help themselves, than having request volunteers hunting down images. There are only a couple people who do this and they are plenty busy.
Yes, that's right. I know what you mean. But a google search should not be too difficult :D ;)
But sometimes you can not find a graphic on the internet and you never owned a physical medium. Then it would be a nice thing if you could ask if someone might have a CD of it and would share a image. Even if you may never get an answer.
For this reason I had asked this question.
Paszt
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Paszt »

4lb3rtO wrote:I thought the main site would be a better place for it because i thougt there are more active users as in the forum. And you would have it directly in view.
Hopefully the forum will become more popular, for lack of a better word. Anyone wanting to share images would likely find this forum. Though perhaps a dedicated section for sharing images could be made here in the forums.
I understand the sentiment behind this request, but I think placing it on the forums would be best.

4lb3rtO wrote:But a google search should not be too difficult :D ;)
A lot of good high res images (for music specifically) is not indexed by Google. The images available at Amazon, itunes, etc for example aren't indexed by Google. There is a Windows app that searches those site (and many, many more) called Album Art Downloader (click for link to download). impawards.com is a good site for movie posters and it's images are also not indexed by Google, I believe.

I'm creating a forum post that lists a lot of good sources for music art. It's in my drafts and I'll definitely finish it one day.
4lb3rtO

Post by 4lb3rtO »

OK... All clear. I'll test the AAD also
Thank you both

Ciao
akovia
Admin
Admin

Post by akovia »

Paszt wrote:
4lb3rtO wrote:I thought the main site would be a better place for it because i thougt there are more active users as in the forum. And you would have it directly in view.
Hopefully the forum will become more popular, for lack of a better word. Anyone wanting to share images would likely find this forum. Though perhaps a dedicated section for sharing images could be made here in the forums.
I understand the sentiment behind this request, but I think placing it on the forums would be best.

4lb3rtO wrote:But a google search should not be too difficult :D ;)
A lot of good high res images (for music specifically) is not indexed by Google. The images available at Amazon, itunes, etc for example aren't indexed by Google. There is a Windows app that searches those site (and many, many more) called Album Art Downloader (click for link to download). impawards.com is a good site for movie posters and it's images are also not indexed by Google, I believe.

I'm creating a forum post that lists a lot of good sources for music art. It's in my drafts and I'll definitely finish it one day.
Thank you Paszt. I look forward to it.
I'll sticky it when you get around to it.