Favorite Section & Custom Lists

MSingh

Favorite Section & Custom Lists

Post by MSingh »

Favorite section and custom lists is one of the things missing from fanart.tv. It would be great if the site could implicate this. Often times I am scrambling to find fanart for movies I have. So currently have my movie collection list on tmdb or other several sites. This has been asked before in the old forums but nothing got moved over.

- These favorites or custom list can be sent to anyone via email, facebook, tweet as personally several people have asked for my movie collection.
- Custom list can be sent to mods for personal request :) Better then doing it in the private message if the personal request list is high hehe...
- I know this might put stress on the servers (api) But would be great if you have your favs section and a new fanart has been uploaded / approved to notify you. Because 100's of my movies still use basic clearlogo, clearart, no banner or landscape and if you have such a movie collection its really hard to keep them up to date so notification sounds a + in my opinion but on the software/server side I have no idea.

Please share your thoughts fellow users.

MSingh
akovia
Admin
Admin

Re: Favorite Section & Custom Lists

Post by akovia »

Hi MSingh,
This has actually been brought up recently among the moderators. Hopefully we can gauge the interest with this thread, but I agree with you.
It would be great if we could import already existing lists as well if possible.

Not sure what you mean about a personal request list for mods though.
MSingh

Re: Favorite Section & Custom Lists

Post by MSingh »

akovia wrote:Not sure what you mean about a personal request list for mods though.
I just meant personally I have sent requests through messages through the main fanart.tv site so custom lists can be sent to anyone including mods who make fanart ;) Also as I said I use tmdb or sharethe.tv to send people my lists but some of them ask for a basic list with the name of the movie no poster necessary.

So other questions to ask the community - will favorite & custom lists have a wall of movies with the posters or just basic movie name with fanart.tv link ? Because currently several 10000's movie titles don't have a poster.