Any desire for a fanart.tv user script?

User avatar
Mordred
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 72
Joined: Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:03 am

Re: Any desire for a fanart.tv user script?

Post by Mordred »

akovia wrote:As far as colored borders for edge checking, that's pretty slick. I just wish it could be used when viewing the image at full size. Should be helpful to spot the big errors though.
When you click on the image on the dashboard and it zooms in, the border sticks (although it can be hard to get the panZoom functionality to show the very edge of an image). I could have it add some borders for when you open an image in it's own tab though. I'll test that out tonight, and probably only implement white and black because you don't really need anything else for checking edges.
User avatar
akovia
Admin
Admin
Posts: 440
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:37 pm

Re: Any desire for a fanart.tv user script?

Post by akovia »

Paszt wrote:
akovia wrote:I still use Imagus to check non-transparent images as I can zoom and pan easily. The only downside is the inability to change the border color on the fly. Now when you are feeling really adventurous, maybe you could hack that ext to give us keys to change the background colors on the fly. Might never need to drag images to gimp ever again if you did that. :D
I've been using a userscript to cycle the background color through black, white, red, green, & transparent with the hotkey Ctrl+Alt+Q. The code is below, just save it to a file called “ImagusBackgroundToggle.user.js” (the name doesn't really matter, but it has to end in .user.js) and drag the file to the Chrome extension page.

If you add padding in the imagus custom css setting, you will get a border around the non-transparent images. I put a 4px padding and it allows me to see those common white lines along the borders.
MY HERO!!!!!
User avatar
Mordred
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 72
Joined: Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:03 am

Re: Any desire for a fanart.tv user script?

Post by Mordred »

v0.5.1
- added a moderator tools setting that's disabled by default.
- compacted the upload box to cut down on the ridiculous amount of scrolling required for artists with lots of albums (thanks Madonna for driving me nuts last night)

Enable moderator tools and then view this image (already reported) which shows how to see lines around the edges with the custom background colors
http://fanart.tv/fanart/music/d4d17620- ... 7a082e.jpg
User avatar
Tobby
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 153
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:17 pm
Location: Sweden

Re: Any desire for a fanart.tv user script?

Post by Tobby »

Noticed a bug in the extension today. When checking which TV sections to display, some of them gets jumbled.

Season Banners controls TV Banners
TV Banners controls Show Backgrounds
And Season Banners displays even if everything's unchecked.
anthonyjs02
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Apr 28, 2014 3:05 pm

Re: Any desire for a fanart.tv user script?

Post by anthonyjs02 »

Mordred....just found this! Like the ability to hide unwanted sections....anyway to implement this on the main screen instead of the movie itself? I would like to hide the SD clearart and logo sections.

Also would be cool if when clicking on the main movie sections if the sections start with the latest instead of the overview..one less click ;)

What does the use logo tiles option do?
User avatar
Mordred
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 72
Joined: Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:03 am

Re: Any desire for a fanart.tv user script?

Post by Mordred »

Thanks anthony. Logo Titles uses HD Logos instead of text at the top of artist/movie/series pages. Honestly, I think that the unwanted sections ought to apply to both the main sections and the individual movie/series pages as well. Next version will probably do it that way.

Tobby, thanks for the bug notification. When I get a free moment I'll fix that.
User avatar
Tobby
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 153
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:17 pm
Location: Sweden

Re: Any desire for a fanart.tv user script?

Post by Tobby »

Mordred wrote:Tobby, thanks for the bug notification. When I get a free moment I'll fix that.
Cool, thanks :)
User avatar
akovia
Admin
Admin
Posts: 440
Joined: Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:37 pm

Re: Any desire for a fanart.tv user script?

Post by akovia »

Paszt wrote:
akovia wrote:I still use Imagus to check non-transparent images as I can zoom and pan easily. The only downside is the inability to change the border color on the fly. Now when you are feeling really adventurous, maybe you could hack that ext to give us keys to change the background colors on the fly. Might never need to drag images to gimp ever again if you did that. :D
I've been using a userscript to cycle the background color through black, white, red, green, & transparent with the hotkey Ctrl+Alt+Q. The code is below, just save it to a file called “ImagusBackgroundToggle.user.js” (the name doesn't really matter, but it has to end in .user.js) and drag the file to the Chrome extension page.

If you add padding in the imagus custom css setting, you will get a border around the non-transparent images. I put a 4px padding and it allows me to see those common white lines along the borders.

Code: Select all

// ==UserScript==
// @name           Imagus Background Toggle
// @version        0.0.3
// @description    Toggles the Imagus hover background color
// @match          http://*/*
// ==/UserScript==

// a function that loads jQuery and calls a callback function when jQuery has finished loading
function addJQuery(callback) {
  var script = document.createElement('script');
  script.setAttribute('src', '//ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1/jquery.min.js');
  script.addEventListener('load', function() {
    var script = document.createElement('script');
    script.textContent = 'window.jQ=jQuery.noConflict(true);(' + callback.toString() + ')();';
    document.body.appendChild(script);
  }, false);
  document.body.appendChild(script);
}

function main(){

  var nextColor = (function() {
    var colorArray = ['black','white','red','#00ff00','transparent'];
    var count = -1;
    return function() {
      return colorArray[++count % colorArray.length];
    }
  }());

  function toggleImagusBorder() {
	var imagusDiv = jQ('div[style*="z-index: 2147483647"]');
	if (imagusDiv.css('display') !== 'none') {
		imagusDiv.css('background', nextColor());
	}
  }
  
  function doc_keyUpToggleImagusBorder(e) {
    if (e.ctrlKey && e.altKey && e.keyCode == 81) {
      toggleImagusBorder();
    }
  }

  // register the handler 
  document.addEventListener('keyup', doc_keyUpToggleImagusBorder, false);
}

// load jQuery and execute the main function
addJQuery(main);
Just a heads up that this breaks the border function.
User avatar
Mordred
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 72
Joined: Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:03 am

Re: Any desire for a fanart.tv user script?

Post by Mordred »

Fixed a bunch of bugs, and added a new feature to notify users when new options were available.
User avatar
Tobby
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 153
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:17 pm
Location: Sweden

Re: Any desire for a fanart.tv user script?

Post by Tobby »

Mordred wrote:Fixed a bunch of bugs, and added a new feature to notify users when new options were available.
Seems that all settings are cleared when refreshing the page. :/
Post Reply