Any desire for a fanart.tv user script?

Tobby
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Any desire for a fanart.tv user script?

Post by Tobby »

The only difference I can spot in my browser is the custom logo.
Mordred

Post by Mordred »

You're right, Paszt. That boolean check is much cleaner.
I'll add that Logo swap as an option as well. Cool stuff.

Tobby, most of the changes were subtle (and tailored towards Music since that's where I spend 99% of my time) so you might not have noticed them. You should see a "Custom" tab on the right side of the browser. If you don't, you aren't on version 0.2.0.
Tobby
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Tobby »

Mordred wrote:You're right, Paszt. That boolean check is much cleaner.
I'll add that Logo swap as an option as well. Cool stuff.

Tobby, most of the changes were subtle (and tailored towards Music since that's where I spend 99% of my time) so you might not have noticed them. You should see a "Custom" tab on the right side of the browser. If you don't, you aren't on version 0.2.0.
That would explain it. I'm never in the music section. Actually didn't notice the options tab til you said it. Nice touch.
Mordred

Post by Mordred »

I haven't had a chance to make it look very "pretty" so things will probably change. Do you think it would be better if I gave the tab a little color to make it stand out from the background, or is it better to have it blend into the background so it isn't as distracting?
Tobby
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Tobby »

Mordred wrote:I haven't had a chance to make it look very "pretty" so things will probably change. Do you think it would be better if I gave the tab a little color to make it stand out from the background, or is it better to have it blend into the background so it isn't as distracting?
How about this? Or perhaps that's too hard to do.

Mordred

Post by Mordred »

That'd be pretty simple to do, is actually a great idea. My only concern would be visibility, but I'd think that could be solved pretty simply with some screenshots.
akovia
Admin
Admin

Post by akovia »

hey Mordred, it's looking good so far but I found a bug when using Paszt's custom css for the forums. Since you aren't modifying the forums (yet), can you exclude the css from the forum site?
The custom logo is way out of alignment and repeating. This only happened since 0.2.0.

I also realized that custom css you helped me with didn't actually work. It pads the new smilies to the right of the existing, but it doesn't actually replace the old image with the new. Guess I need to keep bugging Kode to just install them to the site. :P

Lastly, not sure if you checked out Trello, but one of the features I've been asking for is to show a users' total images under their avatar. This would really help mods to quickly see how many images a user has without having to go the the profile page. Not sure how hard that would be to code, but I think it would be a great feature.
Tobby
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Tobby »

Mordred wrote:That'd be pretty simple to do, is actually a great idea. My only concern would be visibility, but I'd think that could be solved pretty simply with some screenshots.
:)
Mordred

Post by Mordred »

akovia wrote:hey Mordred, it's looking good so far but I found a bug when using Paszt's custom css for the forums. Since you aren't modifying the forums (yet), can you exclude the css from the forum site?
The custom logo is way out of alignment and repeating. This only happened since 0.2.0.
I'll take a look at it. I am modifying the forums though. There's no more red "use your login/password" box if you're already logged in. :)
I also realized that custom css you helped me with didn't actually work. It pads the new smilies to the right of the existing, but it doesn't actually replace the old image with the new. Guess I need to keep bugging Kode to just install them to the site. :P
Why does that not work for you? The old images should be padded to the right so they aren't ever visible unless the overflow:hidden doesn't work the way I think it does. Since it's CSS, it's all on your end and nobody else would be able to see those images.
Lastly, not sure if you checked out Trello, but one of the features I've been asking for is to show a users' total images under their avatar. This would really help mods to quickly see how many images a user has without having to go the the profile page. Not sure how hard that would be to code, but I think it would be a great feature.
I checked it out the other day and commented on a few things. I'd imagine the total number of images wouldn't be that hard to code since the site is making a database call already to display the user name/avatar. Unfortunately that isn't anything I could do with this script though unless there's a site JSON API that would allow me to query users.
Paszt
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Paszt »

akovia wrote:hey Mordred, it's looking good so far but I found a bug when using Paszt's custom css for the forums. Since you aren't modifying the forums (yet), can you exclude the css from the forum site?
I've fixed the issue with the logo on the dark theme. The new version is online here: http://userstyles.org/styles/97475/fana ... orums-dark. The fix was to make the first selector more specific (the one that changes the logo).