Clearart and Logo for Advanced Launcher (Games, Comics etc)

Tobby
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Clearart and Logo for Advanced Launcher (Games, Comics e

Post by Tobby »

BUZNIAK wrote:Yes I do understand, Extra coding, if it's needed should be done. This condescending reply stating that i don't understand is just plain rude.
I said maybe, you could have (Posters be platform categorized, clearart, logo, banner and landscape should be categorized by the Title (no platform sorting))

So you have PS4, PS3, PS2, PS, Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox One etc etc POSTERS categorized (labeled under Platform) and Clearart, Logo and other art just under Title.
So you can have a bunch of posters under just a battlefield 4 page, when scraping people must choose the correct platformed titled poster. That is all.
Pro tip: When you ask someone to do alot of work for free it helps to be a bit humble.

Also, it was pretty clear you did infact not understand what he meant. At least not all of it.
BUZNIAK

Post by BUZNIAK »

Kode wrote:*sigh* I wasn't being condescending, I'm still pretty sure you dont understand the issue.

Take a look at this url http://fanart.tv/series/75682/bones/ the *only* thing important about that url is the id, thats how the site works, it needs an id to base everything around, in your examples there would be no base id to consistently use, making it very difficult to build anything. We don't maintain a seperate database of id's, our id's all come from a 3rd party.

In any case, your attitude in your last reply has evaporated any willingness on my part to look into it, so unless theres a lot of support for this from others (so far you seem to be the only one that wants it) it's not going to happen any time soon.

QUOTE" We don't maintain a seperate database of id's, our id's all come from a 3rd party. " QUOTE <<<<<<<<<<<<<<This part I totally forgot about.

This now I do understand, OK, OK! If you had a game it would be under multiple ID's for each platform (duplicates with different ID Numbers) (I get it, me and my THICK, impatient head :oops: ) I apologize.
(E.G) http://fanart.tv/games/75682/farcry3/ PC
http://fanart.tv/games/75684/farcry3/ PS3
http://fanart.tv/games/75683/farcry3/ XBOX 360
I understand how that would use up allot of unnecessary space and bandwidth.

Do the Id's of shows, movies etc come from all scrapers or just a few sources?
I know you guys use IMDB and theTVDataBase, is there a chance you could implement GamesDB and Allgames etc to the site?

OMG! How I must have been pissing you off. :oops:
Kode
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Kode »

Movies come from tmdb, tmdb also provides the imdb id as well so we store both.

TV just comes from thetvdb.com as that is what is used by most mediacentres

Music comes from musicbrainz. Musicbrainz would have a similar incompatability with releases as it maintains a release id for every single release, however, it provides a release-group, which is what we use.

If the gamesdb had a similar group id it would make it trivial to build.

bakslash found http://www.giantbomb.com/ which might be a viable solution, however, it's complicated by the fact that as far as I know, none of the mediacentres etc that would use the data from us also use giantbomb.com and currently we don't offer a search option through the API.

I have been toying with allowing searching in v3 of the API, however, we would still need some people to commit to producing the artwork and moderating the section as we don't really want an empty section. It might be worth you going on the xbmc forum and seeing if you can drum up some support for the section.

*edit*
Having said that, if we could get the support from contributors and mods, it's always been a section I would have liked to have on the site.
safej

Post by safej »

First of all sorry if my English is not very good .
I would like to contribute to this page with the games section . I am making a program to organize my games (like the xbmc launcher advanced ) and use api giantbomb.com. I've been looking for a site that has pictures how are you in games but have not found anything good. Now I'm doing my own images to the standard size of this ad ( for now only the banner , hdlogo , hdclearart and thumb ), and if this section is made and link identifiers of giantbomb.com, I would have no problem with upload here and so more people are encouraged to collaborate.
I have also used thegamesdb.net api but it's true what comentais here , there are many repeated games , which differ only in the platform and have different identifiers when other information is actually the same . So I've been looking for something like giantbomb.com, although no Banners or Logos, if you have more information, pictures, videos and how I see here, with this product you can create the games section here in fanart.tv .
I have read that a minimum 500 images are needed to open the section. I am currently doing my games about 90 games and about 360 pictures when finished, but if you assure me that the games section Ref continue until 500 or more with no problem .
If anyone wants to say it around here to agree and not repeat them in the games, so that there is more diversity. I would put my list of games whose pictures I'm doing.

With regard to what is said on the covers of various platforms , I think would be best only a general that works for all (PS3, X360 , PC ...) , I share other specific for each platform in the same section (Poster ) including the attribute of the platform to which it belongs (as in the TV series , which in the Thumbs are all together but there is an attribute that indicates the api termporada belongs to each).

Thanks and greetings to all .
BUZNIAK

Post by BUZNIAK »

safej wrote:First of all sorry if my English is not very good .
I would like to contribute to this page with the games section . I am making a program to organize my games (like the xbmc launcher advanced ) and use api giantbomb.com. I've been looking for a site that has pictures how are you in games but have not found anything good. Now I'm doing my own images to the standard size of this ad ( for now only the banner , hdlogo , hdclearart and thumb ), and if this section is made and link identifiers of giantbomb.com, I would have no problem with upload here and so more people are encouraged to collaborate.
I have also used thegamesdb.net api but it's true what comentais here , there are many repeated games , which differ only in the platform and have different identifiers when other information is actually the same . So I've been looking for something like giantbomb.com, although no Banners or Logos, if you have more information, pictures, videos and how I see here, with this product you can create the games section here in fanart.tv .
I have read that a minimum 500 images are needed to open the section. I am currently doing my games about 90 games and about 360 pictures when finished, but if you assure me that the games section Ref continue until 500 or more with no problem .
If anyone wants to say it around here to agree and not repeat them in the games, so that there is more diversity. I would put my list of games whose pictures I'm doing.

With regard to what is said on the covers of various platforms , I think would be best only a general that works for all (PS3, X360 , PC ...) , I share other specific for each platform in the same section (Poster ) including the attribute of the platform to which it belongs (as in the TV series , which in the Thumbs are all together but there is an attribute that indicates the api termporada belongs to each).

Thanks and greetings to all .
Ohh yeah! way to step up, I'll start doing more clearart and logos too, I'll also make up a list of my game collection but its like 900 plus games, may take a while. That will be 1800 plus images when done
safej

Post by safej »

These are the images I have so far (poster, banner, thumb, hdlogo, hdclearart):

Assassins Creed I, II, III, IV Black Flag, Brotherhood, Revelations; Batman Arkham Asylum, City, Origins; Battlefield 3, 4, Bad Company 2; Call of Duty Ghosts, MW, MW2, MW3; Crysis 1, Warhead, 2, 3; Deus Ex Human Revolution; Doom 3; Dragon Age Origins, II, Inquisition; Far Cry 2, 3; Half Life 2; Hitman Contracts, Absolution; LA Noire; Mass Effect 1, 2, 3; Max Payne 2, 3; Metal Gear Solid 3; New Super Mario Bros Wii; Portal 2; Resident Evil 2, 3 Nemesis, 5, 6; Silent Hill Homecoming; Skyrim; Splinter Cell Double Agent, Conviction; Tekken Tag Tournament 2; The Witcher 2, 3; Tomb Raider 2013, Legend, Underworld, Anniversary, Angel of darkness; Watch Dogs; Worms Reloaded
(569 images)

And these are the earrings that I have for now:

Commandos 2, 3 Destination Berlin; DIRT 3; Fallout 3; Far Cry 1; Farenheit; Final Fantasy VIII; Half Life 1, HL2 Episode 1, HL2 Episode 2; Hitman 1, 2, Blood Money; Left 4 Dead 2; Max Payne 1; Metal Gear Solid 1, 2; NBA 2k13; Parasite Eve 2; Portal 1; Project IGI 1, 2 Covert Strike; Quake III Arena, IV; Silent Hill 1, 2, 3, 4 The Room; Splinter Cell 1, Pandora Tomorrow, Chaos Theory; Syphon Filter 1, 2; Tekken 3, 5; The Witcher 1; Unreal Tournament III; Virtua Tennis 4; XIII

When I finish with these images, I will continue to add other games or other types of images like Backgrounds or Discs.
Let's see if together we can get a good amount of pictures and games to create the section.
Greetings to all

Edit:
It would be nice to make a more extensive list of games to go together indicating which makes each and which are closed, to not have multiple listings and repeated games, but which will not be the best way.
If a moderator can do it, I think the best way would be to modify the first entry of the post and put there a list of games (or create a new topic), assigning the user making their images and indicating when completed and the number of images that have been conducted.
I hope this can go ahead and do it.

List updated and a sample screenshot of my program with banner view:

Another screenshot with detailed info and a hdclearart:

I think it looks very nice ;)

Last edit:
I also add some posters from PS3 and Xbox 360.
Last edited by safej on Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:43 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Kode
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Kode »

I'll take a look at the giantbomb api
safej

Post by safej »

Any news at the giantbomb api?
zag
Veteran
Veteran

Post by zag »

TheGamesDB needs a new "Release-Group" ID.

It should work fine once that is introduced, so go and request that on their forums. The developer is usually quite open to these things and it should be simple enough to implement.
BUZNIAK

Post by BUZNIAK »

Heres one of many I've been doing.
All up about 347 or so images of cleararts, logos, fanarts, posters have been done and still many more to come, I know its been a while since my last post, but atlease its not dead.
Someone needs to MOD Aeon MQ5 script to handle ART for Advanced Launcher.