Clearart and Logo for Advanced Launcher (Games, Comics etc)

safej

Re: Clearart and Logo for Advanced Launcher (Games, Comics e

Post by safej »

Last attempt.
Apparently this does not advance. The last thing to know is that 'Kode' would look giantbomb API, but he said nothing more. On the other hand, if you want to use thegamesdb API because it is implemented in most applications but do not have a group as needed for the games by multiple platforms, are they could use only the 'id' of PC gaming in those are for multiple platforms? Pictures are generic unless covers are made for each platform. I think it would be easier to use the giantbomb API than to create a group for thegamesdb games.
Can not think of another way to do it and although it seems like this section is a good idea, there are not many people interested in what you see. I saw that 'BUZNIAK' has written in xbmc forums (http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=185870), but no great answers.
If there is no answer, I finish the thread, to not to keep creating more images (for now 829 images in 64 games).
Greetings.
WARDL895

Post by WARDL895 »

By the looks of this it would get the gears in motion if any games database site had a similar layout as TMDB e.g. The lion king is ID 8587 and thus on fanart.tv is the same... of course this id is for the "Movie" and no duplicates of this movie are allowed on TMDB, fanart.tv then allows it to be split up into different categories e.g. 3D / Blu Ray...

However in games term I can see it getting like spaghetti junction... as an example The Lion King Game on TGDB is under numerous ID's e.g. 5746 - gamegear / 3064 - master system / 14220 - pc
It's a shame that it does not get added as e.g. The Lion King 12356 then sub-categorized as PC - 12356/1 / Wii - 12356/2 and so on...

If im wrong please advise but as far as ive read this or smiliar would be required as the foundations for Fanart.tv to proceed?

Thanks, Rich
zorensen
Admin
Admin

Post by zorensen »

First of all guys, we REALLY appreciate all suggestions we get here :) Thank you so much!

Remember that all of us that works with fanart.tv does this on our spare time - the same goes with the site admin Kode. We discuss all suggestions and I really think that this suggestion is a really good idea. However, we need time to implement it if we decide to do so. Rome wasn't built in a day ;)

I'm "just" a moderator and this is a call for the admins to make, but just be sure that we don't ignore your suggestions.
Keep those thoughts coming, and it will be easier to base our decision on your thoughts. Every aspect of this is important :)

Thanks again!
"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." Albert Einstein

- Getting started
- Navigating Fanart.tv
- Why Your Image May be Denied
- Moderation Time
- Music Fanart Rules
safej

Post by safej »

Try it again: igdb.com.

What you think? Database quite large (over 8000 unique games, and going up, without counting the different platforms of each game), a unique id for each game, a lot of information, an API to use in different applications... I've been testing it time and I think is perfect. The only problem is that it is still in beta, but I see so much potential.
At least check it out, I think it's worth.

Thanks.
zag
Veteran
Veteran

Post by zag »

That looks like a nice site. Its about time someone wrote one like it :)

Nice find.
Kode
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Kode »

Does it have an API? I couldn't find any details of one.
safej

Post by safej »

Yes, it does. An invitation to enter the website is required and there is no direct link to the API documentation. You must register first. Then, once registered, there is a section to contact them, where you can request an apikey and describe your project and see if they'll send it, along with a link to the documentation.
This is the link they sent me if you want to take a look, but you need the apikey to test: http://beta.igdb.com/api/v1/documentation

I'm testing and works very well.
safej

Post by safej »

Well, it's been a long time since the first post and it seems that this section is not performed. By the way I still insist while there is any possibility because I find interesting. The web igdb.com is already public and can be accessed without invitation or user, but to use the API remains a key being necessary.

Greetings.
Hazmat
VIP
VIP

Post by Hazmat »

Really interested in this still. I hope that the igdb.com will work. I want to one day create a game launcher where everything looks nice and neat regardless of where it comes from(Steam or Origin for example) and everything would be toggle-able(such as ESRB/PEGI ratings, Developer and Publisher logos, and Banners at the top) and you could mix and match what you would want. For example:

Of course it would support clear arts, character art, logos, wallpapers, and possibly steam grid icons. Probably would not start working on this until the summer though. :)
SpideyMaster661

Post by SpideyMaster661 »

What a great idea! I rally hope to see this soon...