My denied images seem not to show in dashboard

mediacentral

My denied images seem not to show in dashboard

Post by mediacentral »

Hi all, I'm a new-ish contributor to the site. As such, I'm not 100% sure this isn't just an operator error, however, I cannot seem to find images I upload that have been denied. I am aware that there is a 'denied images' section in the dashboard, but when I click the proper link (HD Movie Logos, Movie Poster, etc.) only my images waiting approval are there, within the 'Pending Images' area. The 'Denied Images' area stays folded up and empty. If I am correct, the benefit to having access to denied images is so one can simply click the replace button after following the denying mod's suggestions, rather than going to the movie page and re-uploading from there? Or is standard practice to do the latter, from the movie page?

Any help would be greatly appreciated,
Thanks in advance
akovia
Admin
Admin

Re: My denied images seem not to show in dashboard

Post by akovia »

It sounds to me like you are not entering the denied images section and are only going into the pending section.
If you had a poster denied for instance, click on the denied images link in the left part of the dashboard. Then click on the poster section on the links at the top. You will see everyone's denied images there since the dawn of time and it can take a while to load. (Unless you use Mordred's Chrome Extension) If your image was denied recently, it should be close to the top. If you are having trouble finding it, you can use the search tool from your browser to search for your name or the show name. (Ctrl+F)

If this doesn't work, please post your results and we'll get to the bottom of it.
mediacentral

Post by mediacentral »

I have tried in the denied images section as well as the 'submissions' section.

Above is a screenshot of my submissions area. Earlier this morning, for example, I had an HD Movie Logo image denied, however it is not in the denied images section of my area.

And that is a screenshot of the denied images section, with the HD Movie Logos active. Up in the upper right corner is my search box, searching for my username. It comes up with one hit, being my user control panel title.

:?
akovia
Admin
Admin

Post by akovia »

When I checked denied images it was the 5th one down. One thing that struck me from your screenshot was the dates. The first entry is 2014/06/04, which is over a week ago. Have you tried refreshing the page?
As far as it not showing up in your personal denied section, maybe it's related. Since no one else has reported this problem, I would try and figure out why your browser is showing entries from so long ago. If a refresh doesn't help, maybe try using another browser just to test.

Let me know what you find.
mediacentral

Post by mediacentral »

I had noticed that they were all about a week in the past myself, I figured that was some moderation delay. It doesn't seem to be the browser, because I get the same results on multiple computers using multiple browsers. I am currently using a Xubuntu Virtual Machine on a computer at work. I get the same results on my windows machine at home, as well as on the Windows host machine here, using chrome or firefox, I even tried IE just for kicks and grins. I also took a look on my phone, using Chrome, Firefox, Dolphin, and the default Samsung browser. Same results across the board.

I really appreciate the time you're taking to look into this.
akovia
Admin
Admin

Post by akovia »

mediacentral wrote:I had noticed that they were all about a week in the past myself, I figured that was some moderation delay. It doesn't seem to be the browser, because I get the same results on multiple computers using multiple browsers. I am currently using a Xubuntu Virtual Machine on a computer at work. I get the same results on my windows machine at home, as well as on the Windows host machine here, using chrome or firefox, I even tried IE just for kicks and grins. I also took a look on my phone, using Chrome, Firefox, Dolphin, and the default Samsung browser. Same results across the board.

I really appreciate the time you're taking to look into this.
This is very strange indeed. Thank you for being so thorough in your testing. It really helps to rule things out. Hopefully someone else will read this thread and post their results as well so we can see if it's a site issue or not.
I will mention this to Kode (The site owner) in the meantime to see if he has any ideas. Hang in there and we'll get to the bottom of it. ;)
mediacentral

Post by mediacentral »

Sounds good, and thanks again.
mediacentral

Post by mediacentral »

Any news on this?
Kode
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Kode »

I'll take a look, it looks like it's not taking into account the image is your own image, mods can see all images whereas normal members can see all denied images once they are over x amount of days old so that people can fix and submit denied images as their own, so that's why there is a difference.
Dybal
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Dybal »

I'm seeing this as well. Certainly not the end of the world, but it would be nice to have.