Report Button

WARDL895

Report Button

Post by WARDL895 »

Hi guys n gals, the report button does not seem to work on system....
O/S - Windows 8.1
Internet Software - Internet Explorer 11

Thought it best to report it as a bug, as when I click the button nothing happens... and I mean nothing, however my old laptop Win 7 it brought up a pop up box.

Windows 8.1 - I.E. 11 has an odd way to edit the popup blocker.... You open it as usual, then bottom right click the spanner icon... then choose "View on desktop" and then that's where its like the original versions.... then top right now shows the "Tools" icon, settings etc... privacy tab....etc. and actually shows fanart.tv under the allow sites for popups... so i've ruled out that.

8.1 is good in some ways but makes life so much harder in others... if its not broke don't fix it!! lol

any idea's?

Rich
mihawk90

Re: Report Button

Post by mihawk90 »

Must be something on your system, just tested it (Win8.1 IE11) and it works as expected.

Not really using IE though so no idea what could be causing it.

PS: IE has nothing to do with Win8 in itself, not Windows' fault that IE config is weird ;)

/edit
Oh by the way, are you using IE11 on Desktop or the Modern App version? Those 2 behave totally different (and there are no popups on Modern Apps AFAIK), I tested on the Desktop version. Just thinking of this because you wrote "then choose "View on desktop" "
/edit2
Just checked with the Modern version and as expected it doesn't work, as Modern Apps have no popups
zorensen
Admin
Admin

Post by zorensen »

We'll look into this, bud.

Thanks for letting us know. Our site admin, Kode, will probably give you a better answer than me anyway :P
It works without problems on my MacBook Pro on Firefox, Chrome and Safari. It might be something to do with the modern apps as WARDL895 says.
"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." Albert Einstein

- Getting started
- Navigating Fanart.tv
- Why Your Image May be Denied
- Moderation Time
- Music Fanart Rules
Kode
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Kode »

zorensen wrote:Thanks for letting us know. Our site admin, Kode, will probably give you a better answer than me anyway :P
Not really, I don't use Win 8 or IE