Music Request Uploads

wafwot

Music Request Uploads

Post by wafwot »

Forgive me if this is a known bug, but I searched the forums and didn't see it addressed. Seeing that moderators appear to be approving images sporting incorrect titles, my guess is this might be an unknown bug.

I got a message from another member about an issue with some Music cdArt images I submitted using the "Upload" button on the request page. Apparently, when uploading cdArt from the requests page, the album title is incorrect and listed as "Klassisen musiikin kauneimmat (disc 5: Vivaldi: Barokin parhaita)." For example, here are two images that I recently uploaded through the requests page that show the same title:
fanart_bug.png
fanart_bug.png (170.44 KiB) Viewed 6445 times
fanart_bug2.png
fanart_bug2.png (205.81 KiB) Viewed 6445 times
Indeed, when searching for other instances of this issue, Google shows several other cdArts for other artists that were uploaded with the incorrect album names as well:

https://www.google.com/search?q=Klassis ... Afanart.tv

I also noticed that while requests were uploaded and submitted, the site doesn't remove the request from the list. Could the incorrect title be causing the site to keep requests listed?
- Violating SAFE SPACES since 1984.
Kode
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Music Request Uploads

Post by Kode »

For some reason the album release group id isn't being set, perhaps when uploading, I'm not sure, can you send me the release group id for that wood one? I'm going through updating the ones I can (there were 13 in total going back to 2012, so it's something that doesn't happen often (5 of them were from your recent upload) so not really sure when/where it happens.
wafwot

Post by wafwot »

Thanks, Kode. The wood cdart is "True Colors" by Zedd, release-group ID 17f4867d-1716-4b90-b0ab-aa947bd5118f
- Violating SAFE SPACES since 1984.
zorensen
Admin
Admin

Post by zorensen »

This has happened quite a few times while I've been a moderator around here :) Kode might know why this happens, I sure don't :P

However, I know how to fix it so I've done that now :D Looks nice now, don't it? :P
"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." Albert Einstein

- Getting started
- Navigating Fanart.tv
- Why Your Image May be Denied
- Moderation Time
- Music Fanart Rules