Request sources

muppa
VIP
VIP

Request sources

Post by muppa »

Hi,

I noticed something strange when entering a request: When adding a request for an entry it seems that sources from an previous/older request for the same entry get added as well. This results sometimes in quite confusing requests where it is not clear, which of the sources are now the actual request. The sources can also be already approved artworks or images which have nothing to do with the request itself (e.g. a logo, when the request is a background). This may also lead to confusion (at least for me).

Is the behaviour intended ? If yes, then it is maybe an idea to make the "comments" field on a request mandatory so the requestor can state the clear intent of the request.

Examples:
- Request for Christmas in Boston Logo: I added the font name sourcea and the first image (source_5704aa094c9cf.jpg). The second attached image is still from the previous request as a poster for this movie.
- Request for Batman Returns poster: I guess some of the sources are also from previous requests, overall for me it is not quite clear which image is now requested here.

Regards
Esky
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Request sources

Post by Esky »

Hi muppa,

I actually raised this with Kode yesterday as it seemed only the moderators could see the requesters name and any associated comments. This has now been changed so that all members can see the name of the requester, and any related comments.

These can be seen via the request sections in the dashboard (not from the main site).

This should hopefully help narrow down what is actually being requested, and will enable a PM to be sent if more info is needed.

As for the sources showing all images for each movie / Tv show etc, and mandatory comments ... these have been put on the 'To Look At' list as Kode is quite busy with other areas of site development at the moment.

Cheers,

Esky.
muppa
VIP
VIP

Re: Request sources

Post by muppa »

Awesome, thanks for the quick reply :-) !