Backdrop language issue (Emby)

happy2play

Backdrop language issue (Emby)

Post by happy2play »

Inquiring on behalf of Emby, since the change to Backdrops language being none or lang "00" Emby does not return new backdrops since it is still language specific, as are your older images. So there a plan to normalize all backdrops to be language neutral?

Example of new
"moviebackground": [
{
"id": "164047",
"url": "http://assets.fanart.tv/fanart/movies/3 ... 82897d.jpg",
"lang": "00",
"likes": "4"
}

and Old
"moviebackground": [
{
"id": "20936",
"url": "http://assets.fanart.tv/fanart/movies/8 ... 5aa466.jpg",
"lang": "en",
"likes": "3"
}

https://emby.media/community/index.php? ... -download/
Esky
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Backdrop language issue (Emby)

Post by Esky »

Hi,

I've been on at Kode for ages to do a global update of all TV & Movie background images and set the language to: None (Which I guess equates to 00 for the API as you have mentioned)

It affects the results from Ember MediaManager in the same way.

The music backdrops are already defaulted to None.

Kode - you listening bud ?!?!

:D

Esky

PS. I've moved this topic to the BUGS section as he monitors this more frequently.
happy2play

Post by happy2play »

Doesn't look like Kode has been here in awhile.
Kode
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Kode »

I'm on the IRC channel every day, I can do an update, but not really sure of the implications of this? Are *all* TV & Movie background images language neutral?
Esky
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Esky »

Yes they are.

Ideally they should default to: None (as opposed to '- Not Set -') as the scrapers I'm aware of have Language filters that can be set either to country language or 'None'

For example, I did try changing some of the older images from English/German etc. but when selecting 'None' via the moderator portal, the value actually becomes '- Not Set -' which means the images don't get picked up by the scrapers.
happy2play

Post by happy2play »

Kode wrote:I'm on the IRC channel every day, I can do an update, but not really sure of the implications of this? Are *all* TV & Movie background images language neutral?
Can't get on Emby's forum right to get Lukes exact words, but I know he would prefer a null value instead of lang "00".

Added Luke's quote.
yea it would just make things easier for everyone that uses fanart if they would make sure the unset language is always null (empty), instead of 00 or anything else.
happy2play

Post by happy2play »

Any update on this? There is still a mixed environment.
mixed.jpg
mixed.jpg (246.78 KiB) Viewed 15190 times
Kode
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Kode »

I'm still not sure what you all want me to set the value to, lol, Esky says to set it to 00 (which is what none is defined as) and happy2play says it should be a null value (which isn't actually an option, but I could manually do it in the database)
Kode
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Kode »

I've now replaced them all with empty values as I think that's how the music section deals with it, and it's easier for new uploads for it to be empty

*edit* Language dropdown has also been removed from backgrounds for future uploads