Movie using wrong release title

burcs
Veteran
Veteran

Movie using wrong release title

Post by burcs »

A while back I had a logo for Hero (1992) which should go here.

https://fanart.tv/movie/334254/hero/

But it was rejected and I was told to post it here.

https://fanart.tv/movie/10699/accidental-hero/

This is a US release and should use the US title, and all foreign release titles should be posted under the Hero (1992) page, in my opinion. Especially since it's using the US release date of 1992 and no other country got it until '93.
Esky
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Movie using wrong release title

Post by Esky »

Hi burcs,

sorry for the late reply. but the page you were trying to upload to (334254) is for the following movie:

https://www.themoviedb.org/movie/334254-bayani - A film about revolutionary hero Andres Bonifacio.

As your image was for the film accidental hero, you were corrctly advised to upload it to

fanart tv/movie/10699/accidental-hero/

Releases for all countries should go on one page - irrespective of wether the release date spanned a new year.

Cheers,

Esky.
burcs
Veteran
Veteran

Post by burcs »

Ahh, well in that case there should be two results for Hero (1992), then. I trust imdb more than tmdb, as let's face it they've been at it a lot longer and have a much bigger staff, I''m sure.
burcs
Veteran
Veteran

Post by burcs »

One URL per post? Really?

I've noticed other movies they use the German release title for some reason. Like Susan's Plan. Look at the URL, and even the video description says the name of the movie is "Susan's Plan", and they have the alternate Video release title "Dying to Get Rich", but they have it listed under the German release title "Die Again." It's just strange.
Esky
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Esky »

Hi burcs - there should only be one page covering all releases - look at the ibmd Also Known As Section (AKAS) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0104412/rel ... dt_dt#akas and you will see all the different titles there :)

Which title displays as the main title for the imdb page depends on your IMDB preferred language settings - www imdb com/preferences/general

BTW - the AKAS section is what we use to validate/approve the different language posters & logos etc ... if it's not listed there, it's not getting in here ;)
burcs
Veteran
Veteran

Post by burcs »

Esky wrote:Hi burcs - there should only be one page covering all releases -
Right, and I'm saying in this case that one page should be titled "Hero (1992)", and not "Accidental Hero (1992)."
Esky wrote:BTW - the AKAS section is what we use to validate/approve the different language posters & logos etc ... if it's not listed there, it's not getting in here ;)
And I believe this is the actual problem. The AKA page for this movie only lists the US working title of "Hero and a Half", but that's pre-production. It was released as "Hero", and although it does show that as the Canadian title on the AKA page, it's not listed for US because it's the original title. By listing it under the alternate title of "Accidental Hero", it's the equivalent of searching for "The Fugitive" and being taken to a page called "El Fugitivo." Does that make sense now?
Esky
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Esky »

I'm obviously a bit rusty after my sebbatical - I missed the point that the fanart page was still showing as 'Accidental Hero' - I'm from the UK so that's the title the film was called when I saw it. Which I think is a better title than plain Hero, based on the storyline ... but I digress !

I checked the page at TMDB and that was showing as 'Hero' as well - so I just refreshed the entry here, so it now shows as 'Hero' - the balance has been restored ;)