Accused of stealing 2400 images from Album Art Exchange

edjgraphix
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Accused of stealing 2400 images from Album Art Exchange

Post by edjgraphix »

Since you are so worried about "your" artwork being used on these magnets, I've decided to replace the artwork and make each one again from scratch with no downloads from your site - just to be absolutely positive that none of your downloads were used. This way there will be no excuse for you to continue this absurd discussion. I have a buddy helping me now and we've already started to replace these. So, thanks for letting me know your concern, it is now being addressed.
Artwork Lover
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Artwork Lover »

edjgraphix wrote:Since you are so worried about "your" artwork being used on these magnets, I've decided to replace the artwork and make each one again from scratch with no downloads from your site - just to be absolutely positive that none of your downloads were used. This way there will be no excuse for you to continue this absurd discussion. I have a buddy helping me now and we've already started to replace these. So, thanks for letting me know your concern, it is now being addressed.
Awesome, that is a good start. I hope that you are serious; I have my doubts. After all, as recent as the end of August (in the middle of our discussions?), you were on our site stocking up on Frank Zappa and in January it was King Crimson. all that is left is for you to admit that you used the wrong image on the GIF (the REAL one is below, attached to this message).I also expect an apology and for you to admit that it is not 500 images and that 80% of the images you've uploaded there come from AAX. After all, YOU started this because YOU "wanted an apology", right? Well, you were completely wrong in each and every one of your claims....
Attachments
Kiss RaR.gif
Kiss RaR.gif (880.26 KiB) Viewed 213042 times
edjgraphix
Veteran
Veteran

Post by edjgraphix »

I used the link you gave me for the Rock and Roll Over artwork - the one you are showing in a gif was not the link you gave me and considering it's your web site I'm sure you'd never do any of the sneaky stuff you accuse me of doing - always so quick to think someone is trying to trick you my first impulse is to return the favor.

Remember, you have many pieces of my original artwork on your site - yes, made from scratch in some cases, on your site and you can twist and manipulate all of the facts that you feel you have the authority to twist but the fact that you can't admit that you are just as guilty as every person you are out to get doesn't mean that everyone can't see exactly what kind of person you are, it means that it's a whole lot better not to deal with you at all. I am not redoing each of my magnets because you showed me the light, I am doing it to make sure you have no reason to ever contact me me again because I have never met a person with no clue of the denial they spew - I can admit that I downloaded and manipulated some of your images, you can't admit that you did the same thing and leave it at that makes you someone who is not worth knowing.

Anyways, I've got some work to do to keep you away so let me say thanks for your generous estimate of how many of my pieces of artwork you allowed me to claim that were uploaded onto your site, I'm sure that number will eventually drop even more after your mind gets to twist those generous gifts with your creatively formed explanation of your latest findings.

Good luck with your mission to claim all artwork in your name, I don't believe it, but it looks like you have gained an admirer or two who might go for that ride with you, so congratulations there!
Artwork Lover
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Artwork Lover »

edjgraphix wrote:I used the link you gave me for the Rock and Roll Over artwork - the one you are showing in a gif was not the link you gave me and considering it's your web site I'm sure you'd never do any of the sneaky stuff you accuse me of doing - always so quick to think someone is trying to trick you my first impulse is to return the favor.

Remember, you have many pieces of my original artwork on your site - yes, made from scratch in some cases, on your site and you can twist and manipulate all of the facts that you feel you have the authority to twist but the fact that you can't admit that you are just as guilty as every person you are out to get doesn't mean that everyone can't see exactly what kind of person you are, it means that it's a whole lot better not to deal with you at all. I am not redoing each of my magnets because you showed me the light, I am doing it to make sure you have no reason to ever contact me me again because I have never met a person with no clue of the denial they spew - I can admit that I downloaded and manipulated some of your images, you can't admit that you did the same thing and leave it at that makes you someone who is not worth knowing.

Anyways, I've got some work to do to keep you away so let me say thanks for your generous estimate of how many of my pieces of artwork you allowed me to claim that were uploaded onto your site, I'm sure that number will eventually drop even more after your mind gets to twist those generous gifts with your creatively formed explanation of your latest findings.

Good luck with your mission to claim all artwork in your name, I don't believe it, but it looks like you have gained an admirer or two who might go for that ride with you, so congratulations there!
Did you look at the latest link I gave you for the KISS album?

Yes, I HOPE that I have original artwork from you! Remember, I came and raided you over **FOUR YEARS** after you came and took around 2000 images from me. I took what is it, 86 whole images? Woweee! I AM ADMITTING IT, YOU KNUCKLEHEAD! I HAVE been admitting it ALL ALONG and I am the one that told you that I did it! NO, it is NOT the same thing at all! I came for effing PAYBACK for your actions. You are again trying to deflect and minimize instead of accepting responsibility. I have no reason at all to understate what I have done or the quantities; I only wish that it was more.
simche

Post by simche »

It is really funny to see something like this…some kind of Robyn Hood justice lol… Please read the following https://www.copyright.gov/help/faq/faq- ... ement.html, and realize that we all are Robin Hoods here…Or if we want to avoid this we should make the websites STRICTLY PRIVATE! Not public with “donation” options... Calm down all of you… “There is no honor among thieves” …. ;)
shevman

Post by shevman »

simche wrote:It is really funny to see something like this…some kind of Robyn Hood justice lol… Please read the following https://www.copyright.gov/help/faq/faq- ... ement.html, and realize that we all are Robin Hoods here…Or if we want to avoid this we should make the websites STRICTLY PRIVATE! Not public with “donation” options... Calm down all of you… “There is no honor among thieves” …. ;)
:lol: well done bud ;)
Artwork Lover
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Artwork Lover »

simche wrote:It is really funny to see something like this…some kind of Robyn Hood justice lol… Please read the following https://www.copyright.gov/help/faq/faq- ... ement.html, and realize that we all are Robin Hoods here…Or if we want to avoid this we should make the websites STRICTLY PRIVATE! Not public with “donation” options... Calm down all of you… “There is no honor among thieves” …. ;)
First off, AAX have long ago secured permission FROM THE MAJOR LABELS for what we do so that argument is straight out the window. We still regularly work with them and hardly a month goes by without several submissions to our site from the labels themselves. AAX is the ONLY site that has bothered to go down this road and it took a little over a year to cultivate this relationship.

Second, No matter what you think of Copyrights, every visitor there agrees that in exchange for access, they will only use the images for their personal, private and non-commercial use. This is a legally binding contract. They further agreed to not post them anywhere else. This site policy was created IN CONJUNCTION with the Labels and specifically to address their concerns in the early days of album art. Furthermore, as an Amazon affiliate I have the legal right to access, modify, control and store any images from there. I/We CREATED this niche. We were the first offering high quality, ready-to-use album art. It was at a time when sites were being sued out of existence for sharing Movie and Album art. We carefully set up our path so that this would not happen to us. We are still the only site operating within the law.

I don't understand what difference a "Donate" button makes. Please explain. I'm also not sure what you mean by "Strictly Private". The site requires membership / registration, is that not "Private"?

"Robin Hood" implies that we are somehow undeservingly "rich" or became what we are by taking from others. NOTHING could be further from the truth, dude. We worked our a**es off to get where we are. We didn't go and steal 12,000-15,000 images from another album art site to bootstrap our own collection. No, it took thousands of hours of work and 10s of thousands of dollars.

Are you honestly trying to rationalize taking images, making magnets out of them and selling them?
Last edited by Artwork Lover on Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:54 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Artwork Lover
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Artwork Lover »

shevman wrote:
:lol: well done bud ;)
Maybe if it were a valid argument, it would be but it ignores the TOU agreement and the fact that we have written permission to create and utilize the works.
None the less, it is simply a rationalization. This dirty dozen of Mods and users all knew too well that both they and this activity were unwelcome at AAX.