Is the site about to die or what?

Content for the site and social networks, have any ideas? Let us know about it.
pson

Is the site about to die or what?

Post by pson »

The forum is out of control with spam and the last active admin was logged in over half a year ago.
Is any one of them the owner of the site or who is? At least the domain is OK for three more years but what about hosting?
Would be nice to know if there's any point in investing time to upload stuff since it just as well could be gone tomorrow.
shevman

Re: Is the site about to die or what?

Post by shevman »

I'll talk to @Kode. It he is the founder of the site.
I'll try to get this under control and to delete all his posts!

Thank you!
shevman

Post by shevman »

Everything is fixed. :)
I deleted all spam posts and banned these users.
Hope this is good now. :)
Thank you to everyone who reported this! :)
I'll try not to let it happen again. ;)
pson

Post by pson »

Sure that's great but what about the future of the site?
So what's the reason Code hasn't been on the site since May last year? Or any of the other admins.
Have they lost interest? Are there any development being made or is it left to run as long as it can and that's it?
Some news/plans for the future would be nice to get, good or bad.
shevman

Post by shevman »

In fact, @Kode is always active on the Discord, he helps/communicates with people there.
1.png
1.png (154.5 KiB) Viewed 15578 times
@Kode was developing a new website design, but the work stopped. I really don't know what the future holds for the site. I hope that it will work for a very long time. But you can ask him on Discord in person. If you have any ideas or suggestions for help. Feel free to ask him. ;) He is very communicative and perhaps he will give you all the answers to your questions about the future site. ;)

And as for admins, recently only @Aries has been active. I have no idea why he is inactive. Perhaps this is due to health or personal life.

You have a nice day. ;)
pson

Post by pson »

So he was in the work of developing a new version but stopped and now he doesn't even visit the site anymore.
Sounds to me like the site will be gone at the first hiccup that appears so don't think I'll put any noticeable time into this until I hear some news or see some action.
Thanks for the info.
shevman

Post by shevman »

I don't know why you decided that the site will gone/die. :o
"Perhaps", "perhaps", "perhaps" the site will die in thirty years, when we are all old or "if" will the third world war begin. But it won't happen! But in any case, do what you want. ;)
Thank you and good luck! ;)
You have a nice day. ;)
pson

Post by pson »

Because I've been around sites like this long enough to see the signs.

First off, the one running the site doesn't use it so he can take notice of bugs or reported issues and the same goes for the admins that hasn't been seen in months.
This indicates loss of interest so the first hiccup usually also becomes the last since no one either care or can take care of it.
Already there it's enough do declare a site dead or at least living on life support.
Then there's the slow website.
The response- and up-time for the API is even worse.
The forum is dead, spam bots are more or less the only active users.

Sure, there are still images uploaded and maybe it'll stay so but doubt I'm the only one getting tired of the sluggish interface that no one seem to do something about.

It's a shame though since I really like the idea of the site.