Season posters

QuizKid

Re: Season posters

Post by QuizKid »

Haha, woops! After being really keen on this idea, I completely missed the rollout and now a lot of the ones I've spent months working on have already been usurped by others'! Oh well, I'll see if I have anything good left and upload at the weekend. Will have to reframe/resize as most of mine were made at 1000x1500 rather than 1000x1426.

Few quick questions I couldn't see answered in the rules.

1. Do these have to be complete sets for all available seasons up to now? e.g. I have Curb Your Enthusiasm posters made, but only for 7 and 8 as they were the only ones on BluRay so just happen to be the only ones I've gotten around to buying.
2. Does promo/poster art released for a particular season have to be used for that season? I generally try to stick to this rule myself, but looking at some of the sets uploaded, most are mixing things up. That's probably me just being an anal retentive.
3. Is it allowed to upload art for future seasons that have not aired, for example if it's a show that is extremely likely to run for x more years and there is a theme to the artwork (e.g. Game of Thrones)

Edit:

Sorry one more.

4. What about anthology shows like American Horror Story or True Detective? Will the same rules apply? For example, my set for American Horror Story have text based on the name of the season rather than the number, much like the images uploaded under the TV posters section at present (i.e. American Horror Story, American Horror Story: Asylum, American Horror Story: Coven - rather than season 1, season 2, season 3...). Is this allowed in the season poster section for such shows?
ixdvc

Post by ixdvc »

QuizKid wrote: 4. What about anthology shows like American Horror Story or True Detective? Will the same rules apply? For example, my set for American Horror Story have text based on the name of the season rather than the number, much like the images uploaded under the TV posters section at present (i.e. American Horror Story, American Horror Story: Asylum, American Horror Story: Coven - rather than season 1, season 2, season 3...). Is this allowed in the season poster section for such shows?
I would also be interested in that. Currently I am making posters for Spartacus and I think Spartacus: Blood and Sand, Spartacus, Vengeance... would be better that Season + number.
schimi2k
Veteran
Veteran

Post by schimi2k »

hey guys :)
well my opinion on that:
1: it would be better when we have full sets in one "style" - but i would say it should be allowed to upload single season posters too - maybe we need to discuss this in one of our next "meetings" hehe

2: u can use whatever backround u want, when it fits to the SERIES ! i try to use images from the real DVD/BluRay Releases - but when u make posters from actual seasons, u dont have any sources for that, so u need to use some different image for the backround. Or when u try to find good sources from OLD series... GOOD LUCK ;)

3: well i would say when the series is based on a Book Series ( like Games of Thrones ) and the series is very popular, u can make some seasons Poster more... but we all know, the Series Business is realy hard - one season good-next season cut off because of changing the air Date or something like that :( ( like leverage )
It should be also allowed, when u know that a season is getting at least 2 seasons more in the future ( like THE BIG BANG THEORY )
but it should be not allowed to make 3 seasons of a NEW series or a series that is not realy stable in the past

4: thats a tricky one... i would take BOTH ! but maybe the text Season 1,Season 2... a bit smaller - because it is a SEASON ! when u just leave it without a season text it could be also a "new" series ! then u should put it in the normal TV-SHOW Poster section - the season tag is also a little info for the order of the show.
So when i do posters for these kind of series i will put both on it - "tagline" and Season text

as i mentioned before - these are just my opinions ;)
ArieS
Admin
Admin

Post by ArieS »

1. Like schimi said, it would be best if you can make posters for every seasons so there's consistency from one member but I guess it's not mandatory.

2. Official season posters would be best but sometimes the sources are not great or there's some good looking promotional shots that can be used for consistency (i.e my Rescue Me posters).

3. Yes, I think it should be allowed (and I've done some myself) for the shows that are pretty much guarantied to have multiple seasons. It's no big deal anyway if some of the posters will never be used as shows can be canceled at any time. But yeah, I would say maybe make up to 2 seasons ahead, not more.

4. For anthology series, I think we should allow both. Season text or no season text as long as the TV show as a specifc tagline/name every seasons like AHS or Spartacus. But that means that we shouldn't allow for example AHS Coven as a TV poster. It should go under Season poster.
So I realize there's quite a few posters that should be moved already but we'll leave that up to the original uploaders. But the new submissions will be denied.
Nopealope
VIP
VIP

Post by Nopealope »

Can season posters have just a logo and not "the complete season XX" or "season XX" text? That's how I prefer mine for my personal library but I didn't think they could go on the site here. Then I noticed that a bunch were approved for 30 Rock a few weeks ago.

So yay/nay? Personally I find the season text superfluous since 9 times out of 10 the season poster is right next to the text "Season XX" in the media center. I prefer just logo and art.

(sorry for bumping an old thread, I figured it didn't make sense to start a new one since we already had this one).
ArieS
Admin
Admin

Post by ArieS »

IMO, Season posters should/must contain Season text. If not, then they are just regular posters.
palpooa

Post by palpooa »

Hi, I have a request: downton abbey Season posters
Thanks
palpooa

Post by palpooa »

I Have A Request:
poster and season poster for :
The Adventures Of Sherlock Holmes 1984-1994
Thank You So Much!
Esky
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Esky »

palpooa wrote:I Have A Request:
poster and season poster for :
The Adventures Of Sherlock Holmes 1984-1994
Thank You So Much!
Hi Palpooa,

To request artwork you need to go to the page of the TV Series (or Movie / Music Artist) that you are interested in. In this case it's:

https://fanart.tv/series/77728/sherlock-holmes-1984/

Then you need to click the "Request" button next to the type of artwork you would like, and follow the instructions to provide some sources / links to relevant sites etc.

This way it shares the workload a bit, and puts the onus on the requester to help provide the base artwork.

Cheers!

Esky.