Approved images being removed by moderator

Discussions about moderation. Unsure if an image will pass moderation? Ask here. Image has been denied and want some pointers on how to fix the image? Ask here.
kpepin

Approved images being removed by moderator

Post by kpepin »

Can we please have better consistency when it comes to approval of images? I have had several images form a series of movies approved and then the next day (since I can only submit 10 at a time) very similar images are denied, by the same moderator. I understand the reason it was denied but I don't think it applies in every case. this is the exchange that took place.
bs1.jpg
bs1.jpg (98.42 KiB) Viewed 23071 times
shevman

Re: Approved images being removed by moderator

Post by shevman »

Moderators are not robots! We all make mistakes, so I approved the first and only then saw the disadvantage that your logos have incomplete name of movie.

I don't understand you dear kpepin! I've explained to you all at the rules, what you not satisfied?
kpepin

Post by kpepin »

You actually approved 3 of the 8 logos from that series that I submitted.

If you go through the Star Wars movies that you reference, you will see a lot of examples that don't use the full title as listed. Before Episode I was released, the 1977 release was simply called "Star Wars" instead of "Star Wars: Episode IV: A New Hope"

I'm just looking for consistency, It sends mixed messages to have 8 approved and 4 denied for the same series, all done in the same style.
shevman

Post by shevman »

:evil:
I same said that I approved them because of their mistakes and only then saw the disadvantage that your logos have not full name of movie.

In short, OFFICIALLY THE CORRECT name only FULL! You need add text "The Land Before Time".
kpepin

Post by kpepin »

I wish any other moderators would chime in here.

I understand the rules. I also think it is kind of like all the Marvel TV show logo's that don't actually have the full name. I understand studio logo's aren't allowed, however, the FULL TITLE does include the word "Marvel's" which is lacking from most, if not all the images.

I would just like to show the actual media where I obtained theses logos, this is the last time I will bring it up.
photo.JPG
Shevman, no need to reply saying I have to add text to my logo. I will not modify them or re-submit them. The only reason I am going through this trouble is to point out inconsistencies and hopefully get feedback from other moderators. I think we may be having a bit of a language barrier. I can see your point and your argument, please try to see my point. There is no need for hostilities or angry emoji.
leepenny

Post by leepenny »

Not sure how you would like other mods to chime in - if you mean by shevmans decision, then , I fully back him up - he should have also denied your first few - which was probably an oversight on his part (going through modding many images may mean mistakes) - if you mean that the decision for them to be denied should be looked at further then I will say that it won't be - sorry . We have to try (as best we can) - to adhere to the rules as it does tend to open up loopholes in the moderation process - I have looked at your points which you have pointed out but cannot bend the rules for a series which doesn't match the title - you can argue that there ARE others on the db which DO have discrepancies but in this case I am sticking with the original mods (shevman's) decision - if you wish to reupload the full set with the title as set out by the tmdb (replacing the first set as well) then all good. If not then so be it.
shevman

Post by shevman »

kpepin wrote:please try to see my point.
I wish any other moderators would chime in here.

I understand the rules. I also think it is kind of like all the Marvel TV show logo's that don't actually have the full name. I understand studio logo's aren't allowed, however, the FULL TITLE does include the word "Marvel's" which is lacking from most, if not all the images.

I would just like to show the actual media where I obtained theses logos, this is the last time I will bring it up.
photo.JPG
Shevman, no need to reply saying I have to add text to my logo. I will not modify them or re-submit them. The only reason I am going through this trouble is to point out inconsistencies and hopefully get feedback from other moderators. I think we may be having a bit of a language barrier. I can see your point and your argument, please try to see my point. There is no need for hostilities or angry emoji.
I understand your point of view. But your point of view, still needs amendment.
"Marvel's" is not included in the full title! "Marvel" - it the company which publishes the comics, a division of the Corporation "Marvel Entertainment" (it's "Walt Disney" which them bought).
All in accordance and within the rules!

If you want to exclude the title "The Land Before Time" and add only the series, OK, then why would us not remove the name of the "Avengers" and leaving only "Age of Ultron".
remove "THOR" and leaving only "The Dark World"
remove "RESIDENT EVIL" and leaving only "Extinction"
remove "MISSION IMPOSSIBLE" and leaving only "Rogue Nation"
remove "Captain America" and leaving only "The Winter Soldier"
remove "Transformers" and leaving only "Age of Extinction"
remove "X-MAN" and leaving only "Days of Future Past"
remove "The Hobbit" and leaving only "The Battle of the Five Armies" and etc.
Can you imagine, how it will look ridiculous. Me continue or I hope that, you already get it?
kpepin wrote:I will not modify them or re-submit them.
It is your right not to add them.
kpepin

Post by kpepin »

https://www.themoviedb.org/tv/1403-marv ... anguage=en

https://fanart.tv/series/263365/marvels ... of-shield/

https://fanart.tv/series/281485/marvels-agent-carter/

https://www.themoviedb.org/tv/61550-mar ... anguage=en

My Mistake. "Marvel's" is clearly not in the title of these. It just happens to be in front of the full title listed for some strange reason.

As for your other examples, no they clearly are the full title. If it's a "Rule" it should be enforced for everything. This site lists the "Full Title" as "Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." so if the "Rule" is to be enforced, it should be for EVERYTHING. If not, it's not a rule and just a flexible guideline determined on a case by case basis.
Hazmat
VIP
VIP

Post by Hazmat »

Howdy! Going to chime in here. :D To save yourself a read kpepin, studio logos simply are not allowed hence why all of the Marvel's xyz stuff gets denied. I have never once seen a person attempt to put "Marvel's" in a similar font style as the rest of the logo, but I believe it might pass. In addition to that, the studio MARVEL logo is not the same as "Marvel's". However, in my opinion, "Marvel's" should be removed from tv show names for logos. Just taking a step back and looking at all of Marvel's TV shows and movies past 2008 when the Marvel Cinematic Universe was created, it is just marketing. There has only been one Marvel movie to date that has had "Marvel's" in the name and that was the Avengers. Why it was called that is beyond me other than that there is another movie called "The Avengers" that came out in 1998. For TV shows it is a different story, everything has "Marvel's" before it, but I believe there to be a reason for that. It is simply for associating that TV show with the Marvel brand/Marvel Cinematic Universe. For example, I honestly have ZERO idea who "Jessica Jones" is in the upcoming Marvel TV show, nor would I have known until they slapped the "Marvel's" portion alongside the name indicating to me that it is in fact part of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Does that warrant "Marvel's" being part of the logo? In my opinion, no it does not. If i want to sort by studio there are filters for that. I don't need to be reminded by every tv show that Marvel has made, is made by Marvel Studios in the logo for the tv show. With all of that said, I also stand by Shevman's decision, you should put "The Land Before Time" before everything.
If you go through the Star Wars movies that you reference, you will see a lot of examples that don't use the full title as listed. Before Episode I was released, the 1977 release was simply called "Star Wars" instead of "Star Wars: Episode IV: A New Hope"

Episode IV: A New Hope is the ONLY entry that does not have a full title listed, so I do not see "a lot of examples that don't use the full title as listed". "Star Wars" was the original title of "Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope" since they weren't even sure it would be a trilogy hence why it is the only entry of the entry movie collection that does not have a full title and the "Star Wars" logo was given a pass.

NOTE: When referencing TV shows use TVDB since that is what Fanart.tv bases its TV information off of. TMDB is only used for its movie information.
shevman

Post by shevman »

kpepin wrote:https://www.themoviedb.org/tv/1403-marv ... anguage=en

https://fanart.tv/series/263365/marvels ... of-shield/

https://fanart.tv/series/281485/marvels-agent-carter/

https://www.themoviedb.org/tv/61550-mar ... anguage=en

My Mistake. "Marvel's" is clearly not in the title of these. It just happens to be in front of the full title listed for some strange reason.

As for your other examples, no they clearly are the full title. If it's a "Rule" it should be enforced for everything. This site lists the "Full Title" as "Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." so if the "Rule" is to be enforced, it should be for EVERYTHING. If not, it's not a rule and just a flexible guideline determined on a case by case basis.
This site "themoviedb.org" does not constitute official ( there not original title ). I check the title from the film distributors Movie and Series and have never been let down with our rules!
It's just you don't like rules and you does don't understand, if it so, then find another site and add there what you want, but here you need to follow the rules Fanart.tv
More i'm nothing not can help you, good luck!