need help new to fanart

Anything that doesn’t fit into the other categories, feel free to talk about whatever you like here.
old_school

need help new to fanart

Post by old_school »

Hi am new to fanart and new to xbmc am useing artwork downloader i have like 20 movies that there are no discart for them here @ fanart and i dont understand how to req here can anyone help if i find discart somewere eles can i upload it to the req part for someone to fix/edit discart that i found so it can be post it here
akovia
Admin
Admin

Re: need help new to fanart

Post by akovia »

Hello and welcome.
I'm gonna let ArieS or Schimi2k field this question as they fulfill most of the requests around here and may be able to give you some pointers.

I can tell you that the basic idea is to post links to high quality sources so that the people that fulfill the requests do not have to hunt them down. Just head to the page of the Movie/TV/Music that you want art for. Go to the proper section and use the request button. There you should be able to follow the instructions and create a request.
schimi2k
Veteran
Veteran

Post by schimi2k »

well... normaly i just make logo requests, but when i find some time i maybe can look at the cd-art section... but no promises buddy
old_school

Post by old_school »

Hi akovia and schimi2k i cant remember which movie titles from my collection were missing discart and some missing clearart caues i did yesterday a fresh install of xbmc caues am trying out a aeon nox mod and still need to add my movies to the xbmc library some of the movie titles that i can remember are like police academy movie set 6 from 7 were missing not on fanart.tv akovia in the requests for discart do i just add were it says quality source artwork add discart that i found there to requests like this one here wish i would of found it blu-ray caues all my movies are 1080p and 720p

leepenny

Post by leepenny »

OK - to request a cdart - just find a pic (preferably the largest possible) and copy the link - you can also give links to logos and fonts (where applicable)
go to the movie in question and move down to the cdart section and press the request button - from here you can put in your copied links and any other info (bluray/3d/dvd also language) that is helpful.
You don't necessarily need to find disc artwork just a decent pic that can be used on a disc - and the rest is up to the artists !!!
I would advise you not to request too many at a time as the uploaders/artists do this in their spare time.
;)
Kode
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Kode »

I think there is a cap on requests anyway
old_school

Post by old_school »

ok thanks leepenny and Kode

@ leepenny any other info like (bluray/3d/dvd and language) were would i ask this in the comments form the req
@ Kode whats the cap on req i cant remember how many movie titles from my collection had no discart that was not on fanart it was something like 20
Kode
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Kode »

The cap is only on active requests so once a request has been fulfilled you can request another, can't remember off hand, I *think* it's 5 per image type
leepenny

Post by leepenny »

If you open the request for your artwork you will see comments section - here add any other relevant info
old_school

Post by old_school »

ok thanks again for your help leepenny and Kode