Resources for custom cdART

Get help on how to create or improve an image.
Esky
Veteran
Veteran

Resources for custom cdART

Post by Esky »

Hi,

I've been inspired by the quality of a lot of the recent custom cdARTs.
So I want to try and do a few more myself and was wondering if anyone can point me in the direction of the following resources:

- Studio Logos (sized appropriately. I have built up a few by googling and editing/resizing, but would be great to find a load that were 'ready to use')
- DVD / Blu-ray / Audio Flags. Again, one's that are already sized appropriately.
- Masks for the outer edge of the discs that include DVD or Blu-ray.
- The copyright information that runs around the outside of the discs (would be nice to have a few variations that can be used)
- And finally, anything else that might be of help!

Thanks in advance!!

Esky.
muppa
VIP
VIP

Re: Resources for custom cdART

Post by muppa »

Hi,

I uploaded the resources I use, maybe some of them are helpful. You can find the BD-logo, audioflags and studiologos in there. It also contains the fanart discart template in which I added a path for the outer colorring (I did not test it yet as I have not used it yet :-P).
http://www.file-upload.net/download-111 ... t.zip.html

Also you can find some studiologos here: https://github.com/ccMatrix/StudioLogos ... although they are not that high in resolution.

Regards :)
Esky
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Esky »

Hi Muppa,

thanks for the quick reply - the stuff you have provided will come in really handy!

cheers.
shevman

Post by shevman »

Here: → ○LOGOS○

Aspect ratio, Copyright, DVD Regions, Media, Misc, Movies, Ratings, Sound, Studios, Video Format
I don't remember where you found them, seems to be on XBMC forum he same KODI. They are all in the format of EPS, AI, PSD and PNG!
Esky
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Esky »

Hi Shev,

thanks for your reply too, unfortunately as I'm a gimp user none of the .eps file open correctly - they are mostly blocky resolution and/or slightly corrupted. The .psd ones are fine though!

Cheers.
shevman

Post by shevman »

Esky
"EPS" can opened Photoshop, Illustrator. "AI" only Illustrator and etc. Ie for any products Adobe.
I don't know whether other Editors to open them.
I can make a video on how to open EPS in photoshop and then save to PNG. You only need to install photoshop and do as in the video, what do you say?
Esky
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Esky »

Hi Shev,

thanks for the offer of a video - that would be great thanks !

(I'm sure it's straightforward, but every bit of advice helps)

Cheers.

Esky.
akovia
Admin
Admin

Post by akovia »

Hey Esky,
Couple of things.
Esky wrote:unfortunately as I'm a gimp user none of the .eps file open correctly - they are mostly blocky resolution and/or slightly corrupted.
Gimp will open them fine. You just need to set the antialiasing options to strong when importing them. This will remove all the blockiness you are experiencing.
Gimp only renders the image and doesn't actually import the vector paths so you are not able to manipulate it and further if you wanted to.
Another thing to keep in mind is to set the proper dimensions of the size you want to end up with when importing, and not resize after importing. This will keep the images crisp as intended.

The other option is to convert them to svg using inkscape.
Inkscape is to Adobe Illustrator, like gimp is to Photoshop.
Just open the file in inkscape and use File > Save As...
This will give you the vector files and you can make them any size you want with zero loss of quality.
You can also export them as png files in inkscape if you so desire.

If you are ok using the commandline, you can use a script to do all the logos in one shot.
http://www.inkscapeforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=16743
https://dev.my-gate.net/2015/06/12/conv ... s-for-yed/

Cheers
shevman

Post by shevman »

Hey Esky,
That's exactly right that suggested akovia!

I'm a little busy in the real world but I be sure will show you how to do it in Photoshop or Illustrator
Let me know if you still need video
akovia
Admin
Admin

Post by akovia »

Hey Shev,
You think you could upload those logos to the forum instead of mediafire?
For some reason I am unable to download them from there.
I figured I'd go ahead and convert them and post them here, but I can't get the file.