Any desire for a fanart.tv user script?

akovia
Admin
Admin

Re: Any desire for a fanart.tv user script?

Post by akovia »

Paszt wrote:
akovia wrote:hey Mordred, it's looking good so far but I found a bug when using Paszt's custom css for the forums. Since you aren't modifying the forums (yet), can you exclude the css from the forum site?
The custom logo is way out of alignment and repeating. This only happened since 0.2.0.
I've fixed the issue with the logo on the dark theme. The new version is online here: http://userstyles.org/styles/97475/fana ... orums-dark. The fix was to make the first selector more specific (the one that changes the logo).
Thanks for the fix Paszt. Wasn't sure if it was a bug in the extension or not since it was fine in the old version.
Glad I backed it up before updating though. Had already added css for the ACP pages to match. *mostly*

I'd love to pick you brain if you have time soon. Pulling out my hair on another CSS issue concerning the activity stream. Just can't seem to get it right.
Mordred

Post by Mordred »

Good deal. BTW, if you get the forum theme hammered down, I could easily include it in the custom script. Would remove the need for running Stylish if you only use it on this site.
akovia
Admin
Admin

Post by akovia »

Mordred wrote:Good deal. BTW, if you get the forum theme hammered down, I could easily include it in the custom script. Would remove the need for running Stylish if you only use it on this site.
That is my hope. :)
Will post the code when I am happy enough with it, which could be a while since I am just a hacker and not a coder.
Hopefully it can be proofed with better eyes than mine then. :P
Mordred

Post by Mordred »

Whatever Tobby wants, Tobby gets. Functionality is now in the gear icon. Added a bunch of crap.

Paszt's logo text function is awesome. Used it verbatim other than increasing the size of the images just a little bit.
Tobby
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Tobby »

Mordred wrote:Whatever Tobby wants, Tobby gets. Functionality is now in the gear icon. Added a bunch of crap.

Paszt's logo text function is awesome. Used it verbatim other than increasing the size of the images just a little bit.
Awesome! Great work.

EDIT: Would it be possible to hide sections here too? http://fanart.tv/movie-fanart/
Mordred

Post by Mordred »

Tobby wrote:EDIT: Would it be possible to hide sections here too? http://fanart.tv/movie-fanart/
Yup. That wasn't something I had a chance to do yet, but if the sections are ordered exactly the same way as they are on the individual movie/artist pages then it'll be a breeze.
Paszt
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Paszt »

It's looking good. Here's some other things I added to the extension: http://pastebin.com/nUX1u7HJ

- adds external links under the top background image (TMDB, IMDB, TVDB, MusicBrainz)
- removes the large text under the search bar (except home page, see next)
- on home page, replaces text under the search bar with the total image count

The external links are very handy to me when moderating. The other things are superfluous.
There's inline styles which could be moved to the css if you feel like incorporating these things. I made them inline in case you don't think they'll make good additions, it's easier to add back in when you update the extension.
Mordred

Post by Mordred »

Cool stuff. Would you want the external links on every page, just the moderator pages, or what? I'm not sure what would be best. I'll definitely remove the large text and then check out the total image count to see how that looks.

My main project tonight is to see if I can prevent the pages with huge numbers of images from loading immediately. I think I've got an idea on how that could be fixed, but I'll see if it's feasible.
Paszt
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Paszt »

The function I included in the pastebin just puts the external links on the art page (for movie, series, or artist — different links depending on the type of page). But it would be cool to have them beside the submitted image on the moderator page.

Good luck with the huge number of images fix. I wouldn't know where to start with that.
akovia
Admin
Admin

Post by akovia »

Ok,
I think this is probably ready for some bug testing, so let it fly.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/935 ... ct_0.4.css