If you think you have what it takes and really want to help out, we would love to hear from you. Please remember that no one gets paid here. We do this because we like to.
We usually do not have an open call for moderators and try to contact people individually that have consistently shown great artwork with little to no denials for a steady period of time. This doesn't mean that if you've had lots of denials in the past that you wouldn't be considered. If that was the case, we wouldn't have very many mods at all.
It does require a specific skill set though to be an effective moderator:
- Must be a good communicator.
- Must be able to guide beginners on how to get their art approved.
- Must be knowledgeable about the rules for the images they moderate.
- Should generally try to be active in the community.
- Must try to be available to help out with some regularity.
- Being multi-lingual is a huge plus.
- Must have at least 200 images approved.
- Must be able to join the IRC channel and log in to it at least whenever you are moderating images.
- Have read through most of the forums so you are able to direct people with denied images to the proper resources on the site.
- Must have a decent calibrated monitor to be able to spot level problems correctly - How to Calibrate your Monitor
There are not a lot of perks for being a moderator. It can be work at times, but also very rewarding.
Please respond to this thread if you are interested and we will contact you to see if it's a fit.