Sourcing images from AlbumArtExchange

Kode
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sourcing images from AlbumArtExchange

Post by Kode »

I am tired of the crap from both sides on this one, I've historically kept away from the music section, so haven't had much input into any policy.

This is now the official fanart.tv policy on this subject.

DO NOT SOURCE IMAGES FROM ALBUMARTEXCHANGE PERIOD.

If an image is only available on AAX, here are your options:
1) Buy the album and scan it in.
2) Ask the original uploader if they would upload to fanart.tv as well, but ONLY if you are already on speaking terms with them or they are already members here, do not cold contact people.
3) Ask someone who has the album to scan it.
4) Go without the image.

I am not going to recriminate people for past actions as there was no policy in place, it was probably even implicitly welcomed as the quality of artwork from AAX is very good, but going forward it could lead to being banned for multiple offences (not everyone reads the forums).
Artwork Lover
Veteran
Veteran

Re: Sourcing images from AlbumArtExchange

Post by Artwork Lover »

"Zhar Del Costo" has been uploading content from AAX. in one week, he snagged 3.24GB and it looks like EVERYTHING he is uploading is from AlbumArtExchange.
Darthgl

Post by Darthgl »

Honestly I have not uploaded 3.24GB, I do not think that 9 images that are uploaded to AAX fanart weigh 3.24Gb, also already asked to be deleted so that they stop seeing problems, it was a mistake of mine not to have read the rules That images of AAX could not be uploaded. I'm sorry for the inconveniences
Artwork Lover
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Artwork Lover »

IronicRhetoric is another long time thief of AAX images. It continues up to his most recent uploads. I have the logging, if you wish to see.
IronicRhetoric

Post by IronicRhetoric »

"Long time" is grossly overstated. I've been on this website for about 4 months. Furthermore, please tell the guys over at AAX to quit being a soup nazi. I'd tell them myself, but they've banned me :-/ for not answering their email. I'd understand if I was taking complete libraries of artists, but I was grabbing an image here and there (and uploading here) as I was updating my music files and didn't find it on FA or Google. I use a VPN, (which is blocked on AAX) so it was never my first choice in my search. Either way, what's done is done.
McVicar
Veteran
Veteran

Post by McVicar »

"soup nazi" :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'd rather tell Rumpelstiltskin, stomps to the ground and jumps in the circle and says "no you get my cover not no my cover does not get her"
Cheers
McVicar
Marla

Post by Marla »

All I know is that scans that were deleted I never posted by me on AAE nor did I "steal" them. How could I? Scott banned my IP address from his site ages ago. My scans are of my own work. I wish you really would have checked with me first.
Last edited by Marla on Sat May 25, 2019 3:34 am, edited 2 times in total.
Marla

Post by Marla »

IronicRhetoric wrote:"Long time" is grossly overstated. I've been on this website for about 4 months. Furthermore, please tell the guys over at AAX to quit being a soup nazi. I'd tell them myself, but they've banned me :-/ for not answering their email. I'd understand if I was taking complete libraries of artists, but I was grabbing an image here and there (and uploading here) as I was updating my music files and didn't find it on FA or Google. I use a VPN, (which is blocked on AAX) so it was never my first choice in my search. Either way, what's done is done.

This is exactly what AAE does. If they are so concerned about other people's donated scans though their own work the perhaps he should not make his site public much less call it an "exchange" Scott blocked my IP ages ago and I had asked him to remove my work; he has no creative commons control. He claims my work is his although at the time there nothing of this ever mentioned in terms of agreement. Now he is harassing me here for scans I never posted on his site. I had made sure of that. All of the image I posted here are scanner software time stamped. I want nothing to do with him and or his drama.
Artwork Lover
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Artwork Lover »

IronicRhetoric wrote:"Long time" is grossly overstated. I've been on this website for about 4 months. Furthermore, please tell the guys over at AAX to quit being a soup nazi. I'd tell them myself, but they've banned me :-/ for not answering their email. I'd understand if I was taking complete libraries of artists, but I was grabbing an image here and there (and uploading here) as I was updating my music files and didn't find it on FA or Google. I use a VPN, (which is blocked on AAX) so it was never my first choice in my search. Either way, what's done is done.
Yes, it was the "Uploading it here" that was the issue. You agreed to a Terms of Use and promised that you would not upload them anywhere else... Not the Soup Nazi, enforcing a legal contract that you bound yourself to.
Artwork Lover
Veteran
Veteran

Post by Artwork Lover »

Marla wrote:

This is exactly what AAE does. If they are so concerned about other people's donated scans though their own work the perhaps he should not make his site public much less call it an "exchange" Scott blocked my IP ages ago and I had asked him to remove my work; he has no creative commons control. He claims my work is his although at the time there nothing of this ever mentioned in terms of agreement. Now he is harassing me here for scans I never posted on his site. I had made sure of that. All of the image I posted here are scanner software time stamped. I want nothing to do with him and or his drama.
And the lies just keep pouring out of you mouth. I blocked your IP a week or two before you posted this, not "long ago". No, I'm not going to spend hours deleting 1540 images to satisfy some crazy woman; go pound sand. No, they are not "Stamped". If they were, you would know what that stamping is actually called. You cannot submit artwork HERE and then ask them to delete it because you got a wild hair up your hoo-ha. It's NOT "public", you must join to post or download images. Yes, we are a licensed agent of the Copyright holders. I'm not harassing you, I am replying to your posts where you lie about me and my site. You should consider yourself quite lucky that you are not sued for Libel for your posts here. Keep it up and see what happens.